Photo that nearly killed me

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited October 13, 2008 in Landscapes
Seriously.

I was on way to relatives (for dinner :eat). On my way i spotted this mosque with very tall minarets. It was located inside one of 8 bazarz of historic clock tower of Faisalabad (my hometown). A thought of taking ariel view of city popped in my mind and i went to cleric of the mosque. After explaining why i need image he allowed me to go up there. My excitement to shoot from above there doubled and when door opened i started to run to the top. 240 round stairs when i reached up on top there was no energy in me to even say something. Anyway i clicked few and here are they. When i reached back to floor i fell down, decided to leave the street photography project and returned to my uncle's home.
390290700_XYiyk-XL.jpg

390292447_qEcsn-XL.jpg

390291840_3zhrg-XL.jpg

Then we all went to have fun at night

390289246_CW27s-XL.jpg

About city it is Faisalabad known as Manchester of Pakistan. Read about the city at wikipedia
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Around 1 week has passed and i am still not able to walk comfortably. :cry
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    We're not getting any younger, Awais...you have to learn to pace yourself! rolleyes1.gif Anyways, I think your efforts paid off, very nice photos. :)
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
  • Howard BarlowHoward Barlow Registered Users Posts: 118 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Great results, though, Awais. In the last frame, are you that dizzy, or did you run around the lights that fast? :D
    You don’t pay me by the hour. You pay for the years of hard work that made it possible for me to paint such a picture in only one hour! Pablo Picasso
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    very very good.

#2 is wings.gif incredible
    Aaron Nelson
  • NomadRipNomadRip Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Those are great views! clap.gif Sorry you are not a kid anymore like the rest of us rolleyes1.gif
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    #2 and 3 are gorgeous...especially 2, it reminds me of a scene from a movie, your town is beautiful!

Sorry to hear you got hurt, but the photos should give you quite the memory!
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Id thought something really bad had happened given the location!!! I'm sorry you got hurt, but on the bright side you got some very nice images!!! Take care-- Brenton
  • cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    It was worth it!

Hope you get better
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    Great shots !! The extra effort paid off. # 2 is def my favourite.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Very nice work Awais. thumb.gif Pictures 1 & 2 I really like and also
    enjoy your others. :D Michael
    Michael
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Nice shots, all that stair walking may have been worth it.
  • KD5NRHKD5NRH Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Around 1 week has passed and i am still not able to walk comfortably. :cry

How hard is it to get bananas there? The seem to help with some muscle aches and cramps, without the bad taste of some other healthy foods.

Other than that, Aleve and/or BC Headache Powders tend to be my main solutions to these issues.
    Blog - updated irregularly
    Photos - still under construction, suggestions welcome
    edited October 12, 2008
    KD5NRH wrote:
    How hard is it to get bananas there? The seem to help with some muscle aches and cramps, without the bad taste of some other healthy foods.

Other than that, Aleve and/or BC Headache Powders tend to be my main solutions to these issues.

Bananas ? no issue will keep in mind next time

My Gallery
    edited October 12, 2008
    NomadRip wrote:
    Those are great views! clap.gif Sorry you are not a kid anymore like the rest of us rolleyes1.gif

rolleyes1.gif

My Gallery
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    You're not going to like this, but you missed a shot...

Wait till you get your legs back, then go up there again. Take the widest lens you can get and shoot a view that has the bottom of the tower in it, with the town and possibly the other tower as background subjects.

Then post it here to show us how high it really was, twice :D

Those pictures are worth the first climb thumb.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited October 12, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    You're not going to like this, but you missed a shot...

Wait till you get your legs back, then go up there again. Take the widest lens you can get and shoot a view that has the bottom of the tower in it, with the town and possibly the other tower as background subjects.

Then post it here to show us how high it really was, twice :D

Those pictures are worth the first climb thumb.gif

friday.gif 1st save for wife angle and then purchase it and then go up there seems like i won't be able to show the end results ! :D

But i love to see and shoot wide thumb.gif will try that when i got one or upgraded to FF mwink.gif

My Gallery
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Wow, those are awesome, and definitely worth the sore legs (easier for me to say that since they're not my legs...). Such wonderful architecture, and your compositions are fantastic as usual.
    edited October 13, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Wow, those are awesome, and definitely worth the sore legs (easier for me to say that since they're not my legs...). Such wonderful architecture, and your compositions are fantastic as usual.

Thanks Ron:D

My Gallery
  • ktskts Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Great shots, sorry to hear about the fall. :(