Options

HELP! Categories/Thumbnails not showing up on my "Portfolios" link now...

pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited October 12, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi all,

I need help with my Portfolio page. I had the site set up perfectly for the past week and people had been viewing them, no problem. A friend just looked, and clicked on "Portfolio", and all she can see is the Bio Slideshow (which was supposed to be only designated for the Home page), and not the list of categories/thumbnails like I always saw before. I checked on my own computer, adn sure enough, that'ss what's happening. The URL for my Portfolio link was not changed. Are my galleries hidden? I checked and they are Public. What in the world happened? :dunno

Can a SmugMug expert please look at my code and see what changed? My looking at all that CSS code now, in a panic, is quite overwhelming. I was hoping to send this URL to a few more people soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
pmb images
Film/TV Stills Photography
"When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    pmbpro wrote:
    Hi all,

I need help with my Portfolio page. I had the site set up perfectly for the past week and people had been viewing them, no problem. A friend just looked, and clicked on "Portfolio", and all she can see is the Bio Slideshow (which was supposed to be only designated for the Home page), and not the list of categories/thumbnails like I always saw before. I checked on my own computer, adn sure enough, that'ss what's happening. The URL for my Portfolio link was not changed. Are my galleries hidden? I checked and they are Public. What in the world happened? ne_nau.gif

Can a SmugMug expert please look at my code and see what changed? My looking at all that CSS code now, in a panic, is quite overwhelming. I was hoping to send this URL to a few more people soon. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

You can start by fixing this and then we'll see what else might have a problem.

You inserted your Statcounter code in the wrong place. It goes in your Custom Footer, not in the Footer javascript. It is causing a javascript error and causing other javascript not to execute.

Same problem with your Google Analytics code too. You need to put it in the custom footer also.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    pmbpropmbpro Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    You can start by fixing this and then we'll see what else might have a problem.

You inserted your Statcounter code in the wrong place. It goes in your Custom Footer, not in the Footer javascript. It is causing a javascript error and causing other javascript not to execute.

Same problem with your Google Analytics code too. You need to put it in the custom footer also.
    HI jfriend. Yep, that was the issue. Thank you!! I remember reading that statcounter tutorial and it said place the code in the "footer". I wasn't sure which footer and the title in the screen shot didn't match those in the Control Panel. When I saw the words "text/javascript" in the code itself though, I assumed it was the Javascript footer. Oops. Thanks again for your help! clap.gif
    pmb images
    Film/TV Stills Photography
    "When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt." ~ Henry J. Kaiser