My family portrait

KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
edited October 12, 2008 in People
TRYING, and I do mean TRYING to get my neices, nephew, and daughter to all do what I want for a family portrait! Talk about impossible... Lol, they wouldn't do the poses I wanted, they did the pose my sister wanted... personally, I would've like mine better. Oh well, I will try again tomorrow. here are the ones I got. ***not really edited to much***

1. 391757910_S7KKw-L.jpg

391763331_9YAXE-L.jpg

391764783_7yYPQ-L.jpg

391763803_t7QdD-L.jpg

391756550_5Xp75-L.jpg
~Katie~
:barb

http://www.kc1stphotography.com

2 Canon Rebel XSi
Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
2 Canon 14-55mm
Canon 55-250mm f4.0
Canon 580EX
Canon 580EX II

Comments

• KTBoom2006-E510KTBoom2006-E510 Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    My pose I wanted to do was on the ground. My nephew laying on his belly, my daughter sitting on his back, his 2 sisters on each side of him then didn't know what to do with the other girl (my husbands niece.)
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    IMO #1 - kids too far apart and dark tree ~Love #2 - posed and looking truly happy with nice coloring~#5 makes me laugh...two unhappy, two ok and one leaving - probably how alot of kid shots turn out!!!
    Maybe try two older ones flipped out backs to the trio all pulled in tight and two older on ends look sideways to camera? Good luck and let us see more when you have them!!clap.gif
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
    edited October 11, 2008
    ilbcnu wrote:
    IMO #1 - kids too far apart and dark tree ~Love #2 - posed and looking truly happy with nice coloring~#5 makes me laugh...two unhappy, two ok and one leaving - probably how alot of kid shots turn out!!!
    Maybe try two older ones flipped out backs to the trio all pulled in tight and two older on ends look sideways to camera? Good luck and let us see more when you have them!!clap.gif

That's what I thought about the pose. My sister wanted it like that, and i was thinking they were spread apart to much. I wanted them all bunched up together on the ground. And my lil one HAS to be by her buddy, my nephew. That is why I have some with her happy. She is good if she has him. She absolutely loved sitting on his back.
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2008
    she is a cutie! love the toenails.
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • BillyVerdenBillyVerden Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Great Shots. #1 and #3 are my favorites. It looked to me that on #1, you could really improve the photo as far as being too spread out if you just moved the girl on the right, in closer to the middle. I did a test of this in PS and i think it really does make the photo happier(less separated). Its too great a photo to let the disconnectedness get in the way. They all have such great smiles in that particular one.
    edited October 12, 2008
    Great Shots. #1 and #3 are my favorites. It looked to me that on #1, you could really improve the photo as far as being too spread out if you just moved the girl on the right, in closer to the middle. I did a test of this in PS and i think it really does make the photo happier(less separated). Its too great a photo to let the disconnectedness get in the way. They all have such great smiles in that particular one.

Thank you. I hope that when we go back today they will let me do what I want.:D
    ~Katie~

2 Canon Rebel XSi
    Tamron 70-200mm f2.8
    2 Canon 14-55mm
    Canon 55-250mm f4.0
    Canon 580EX
    Canon 580EX II
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Nice shots overall.
    Nothing wrong with having them spread apart but it would look better if it keeps some kind of symetrey. The shot where the kids are stacked doesn't work for me. If they were each leaning out a different direction maybe and the two other kids sitting with their backs to the stack with their legs pointing away from the center.

Try going to saturation and taking some of the yellow out. If you can select the children and then do an inverse selection you can take out the yellow, blur the background a bit and reduce contrast on the background. This will bring out the children more against that competing background.

In all but the last one the crops are to tight...leave a little room on the edges.

My favorite is the last one. Shows their personalitys, symmetry to the pose and not cropped to tight...now if you could darken the light background and brighten the kids....

Anyway you get the idea. Very cute bunch of kids they look like a lot of fun!!