Beetles

HumpreyCogayHumpreyCogay Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited October 13, 2008 in Holy Macro
Here are some of the shots I took yesterday. I have some problems with hots spots, do Flash brackets help in removing hot spots? my current setup is a Speed light with a diffuser on top of my camera, or Do i need a better diffuser?, or i have to change the angle of my diffuser?:dunno

OVER THE EDGE
391768554_twRbT-X3.jpg

MIMIC
391768807_auL7K-X3.jpg

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Nice captures.
    Bright reflections from bugs such as ladybirds are very hard to avoid with any setup. A properly diffused flash should help stop them blowing. A bracket might help but you need to find an angle between the lens ladybird and flash where the flash reflection is not reflected back into the camera lens and that is not easy.

Brian V.
  • HumpreyCogayHumpreyCogay Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Ok lord Vetinary... thanks for the info and the comment... I'll try to borrow some brackets on my next shoot if I can at least try to remove the hot spots and if I can manage to learn how to use it properly, and ill try to to study about properly diffusing the light that my speed light fires........

God BLess Sir....
  • liewwkliewwk Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    it is not easy to avoid those reflection .. i use bracket + stofen + styrofoam plate

which still produce reflection .... but i did some dodge and burn to reduce further .. e.g. recently

2913946211_44df2513a8_o.jpg
    liewwk
    More pictures @ Flickr or Multiply

My Macro Setup
  • HumpreyCogayHumpreyCogay Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    thanks for the tip sir.... =).. great macro you got there...