WTB: Kenko 1.4x TC

darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
edited October 12, 2008 in House of Canon
Looking for a Tokina to try out with my 170-500 sigma. I have read that they IQ is pretty bad adding a TC to that lens which is why I'm looking here for a used one instead of wasting over $100 on a new one. I think it would be nice to have one available for photographic emergencies :D
~ Lisa

Comments

• Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    I'm not sure if there is a Tokina TC. I know Tamron has a couple of them, consumer and prograde and Tokina has a Kenko version of it.

The more expensive Pro version by Tamron and Kenko are identical from what I hear.

BTW, I think the 170-500 is a f5.6-6.3 and you may lose AF if you use a TC.
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    I'm not sure if there is a Tokina TC. I know Tamron has a couple of them, consumer and prograde and Tokina has a Kenko version of it.

The more expensive Pro version by Tamron and Kenko are identical from what I hear.

BTW, I think the 170-500 is a f5.6-6.3 and you may lose AF if you use a TC.

Oops! you're right, I ment KENKO. I should never post that early in the morning (well, right after i woke up). Now I just need to get a moderator to change the title for me.

I know for sure I'll lose autofocus with the TC, just want it for some extra reach if needed (obviously wouldn't work for birds-in-flight).
    ~ Lisa