Autumn Transistion

EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
edited October 15, 2008 in Landscapes
I'm enjoying the 'fall color' photos posted! I hope to be able to capture the transition between now and peak times if we are fortunate to see the leaves in full color before they fall. C&C is always appreciated!

391792836_eQMxe-L.jpg

391792802_9QuWb-L.jpg

391793148_eFqDS-L.jpg

391790167_9PbXB-L.jpg

Comments

• wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    The second is the nicest for me. Beautiful shot.
    Anybody can do it.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    #'s 2 and 3 are very well done. The trees are still green around here! :cry
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    Gorgeous shots! The second is probably my favorite. The third has a T/S "miniature/model" feel to it.

What part of the country were these taken? Our deciduous trees in Seattle are still a few weeks from peak (some good color in higher elevations though).
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Gorgeous shots! The second is probably my favorite. The third has a T/S "miniature/model" feel to it.

What part of the country were these taken? Our deciduous trees in Seattle are still a few weeks from peak (some good color in higher elevations though).

That was the comment I was going to say about the barn! It looks so cool like that! Very nice set of photos!!!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:

Thank you... this is quite different for me. I live in AZ but born raised in WV where I am for a month visiting! I'm blessed to have the best of both worlds. I am so used to shooting the west, and it has been forever since I used to take photos here so it is a refresher course for me! The leaves have not yet peaked so I am anxious to see even more color! :D

When I saw the barn I thought it looked like a fake miniature too...wonder why? The bit of leaves in the upper left foreground might be giving that affect.
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Eia wrote:
    Thank you... this is quite different for me. I live in AZ but born raised in WV where I am for a month visiting! I'm blessed to have the best of both worlds. I am so used to shooting the west, and it has been forever since I used to take photos here so it is a refresher course for me! The leaves have not yet peaked so I am anxious to see even more color! :D

When I saw the barn I thought it looked like a fake miniature too...wonder why? The bit of leaves in the upper left foreground might be giving that affect.

Looks like you picked a great time of year!

Thinking about the barn shot, I thought it might be the leaves in the upper left too (generally the model T/S effects are due to narrow DOF on a small subject and that would fit with this shot), but after looking at it more, I think, ironically, the reason it looks small is because it's so large relative to the surrounding trees. If it was 1/3 the size I don't think it would like a miniature. I don't know, could be wrong. Cool shot regardless though.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    2nd is so beautiful !
    And place seems like heaven
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited October 14, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Looks like you picked a great time of year!

Thinking about the barn shot, I thought it might be the leaves in the upper left too (generally the model T/S effects are due to narrow DOF on a small subject and that would fit with this shot), but after looking at it more, I think, ironically, the reason it looks small is because it's so large relative to the surrounding trees. If it was 1/3 the size I don't think it would like a miniature. I don't know, could be wrong. Cool shot regardless though.

Ya know...I think you are right... it is the huge barn with the trees the same size or smaller.
    edited October 14, 2008
    2nd is so beautiful !
    And place seems like heaven

Thank you...and John Denver sang a song titled "Almost Heaven, West Virginia". :D It can be quite serene in the hills.
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    #2 is my favorite. Great color and comp.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Great job! Fantastic captures of the perfect season. The deer just makes it, too. thumb.gif
    edited October 15, 2008
    Thank you all...I'm in awe with the colors around me!