Fall color near Leavenworth, WA

coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
edited October 14, 2008 in Landscapes
You can thank the Seahawks for these, I had planned to spend the day chilling out watching football, but the Seahawks played such a crappy first half that I had to leave before throwing something at my TV.

These were taken last Sunday on US-2 just after Stevens Pass on the way to Leavenworth. Fall colors haven't peaked there yet, and I didn't have a specific destination in mind, I just pulled off the road in several spots that looked interesting (nothing like slamming on the breaks at 65mph to get into a small turnout).

#1 (I chose this crop because I felt it best... eliminated the power lines :D)

388586743_yt8at-L.jpg

#2 (I liked the line formed by the rocks, I'll probably head back to this spot when the leaves are all yellow):

387701150_V3YQZ-L.jpg

#3 (funny story about these next two photos but I probably shouldn't put it in writing...)

387697157_zqwZn-L.jpg

#4:

387690347_r4jEL-L.jpg

#5 (abandoned shack, I tried other compositions where there tree didn't bisect the shack, but ultimately liked this one best):

387679854_ZjEQt-L.jpg

#6 (more abandement):

388590109_b4UhS-L.jpg

Comments

• JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    #1 is awesome! bowdown.gifthumb.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
    Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    The first and third are my favorite!
  • AbiciriderbackAbiciriderback Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Very nice Ron like #1 a lot. One of these weekends we are going to run into each other. Wife and I were going to head up to Wenatchee yesterday but opted for Deception Pass instead.

Ray Still
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Great job as usual !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • bryanj87bryanj87 Registered Users Posts: 859 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Great series! I love the shots of the Aspens!! thumb.gif
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    The aspens are great!
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    What an eye you have. Pic #1 is outstanding!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Thanks
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

I would have got more shots of the aspens but I had trespassed (whoops) on someones property who had more beers in them than teeth and they weren't too happy about it when they saw me :D

I had some nice front lighting on them and I wished I would have been able to get more shots. Good chance I'll make one more trip out in that area this fall.
  • HDShooterHDShooter Registered Users Posts: 114 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Thanks for the comments everyone.

I would have got more shots of the aspens but I had trespassed (whoops) on someones property who had more beers in them than teeth and they weren't too happy about it when they saw me :D

I had some nice front lighting on them and I wished I would have been able to get more shots. Good chance I'll make one more trip out in that area this fall.

Amazing Images again!
    I think I found someone I need to hook-up with on one of these trips :D .
    I myself am looking to do a run over there in 2 weeks to shoot some fall color.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Ron.....beautiful shots and great eye. I think I need to come visit...Laughing.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:

ROFL!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    #1 for me is a notch above on this series...Great shot and composition.
    I also like the PP on it.

I like the others as well, but #1 is my favourite..

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
    edited October 14, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Ron.....beautiful shots and great eye. I think I need to come visit...Laughing.gif

Thanks, but I think you've already traveled enough this season :D
    edited October 14, 2008
    ront wrote:
    ROFL!!

Ron

Just so it's clear, I'm not exaggerating, that guy did have more beers in him than teeth. Completely passive-aggressive too, one minute he'd be screaming at me, the next minute he'd be shaking my hand. I kind of felt I was stuck in some bastard offspring of Deliverance and The Big Lebowski :D