just got the 50D very nice

jovittajovitta Registered Users Posts: 175 Major grins
edited October 17, 2008 in Cameras
Just upgraded from the 30D, WOW in so many ways. The size is the same as the 40D, just a lttle lighter but larger then the 30D, ballences well in my hand using my 16-35 wide angle. And the 920,000 px LCD very nice, It has great color and very bright while even looking at the LCD in bright sunlight. Navigating through the menu is very easy and very bright as well. 15 meapixels nice, although bigger files and now want to get a couple of 8 gig memory cards I have 4 cards 4 and 2 gigs. I always shoot raw so of course I only get about 167 pics on a 4 gig. I also like the fact they added C1 and C2 custom function on the mode dial, and the ISO up to 6400 and 12800 only keeps getting better. So if anyone decides to get the 50D you will love it, and a big + :clapto Canon. Jovitta
so if anyone has any ? please ask.
BE YOURSELF FRIENDS WILL LIKE YOU FOR YOUR OWN UNIQUE PERSONALITY AND STYLE
http://jeffovittphotography.com
Member; NANPA
Equipment: Canon 5D, 1DS, 16-35 F2.8, 70-200 F4, 580EX Flash, Galen Rowell GND filters, Singh-Ray Vari-ND filter, Lee filter holder,Gitzo 2227 tripod & monfotto 3221 tripod, Gitzo GH2780QR ballhead,
Epson 3880 pro pinter, CS5, Nik software complete edition, Photomatix.

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Congratulation
    :D
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Congratulations! I am glad to hear you like the 50D as I am thinking of ordering one myself next week. It sounds like most of the people here have positive reviews of the camera. I would be curious to know of any quirks you discover, it seems every camera has some little quirk.
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.
  • wats005wats005 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    wings.gif I have not figured out any quirk yet but I really like mine!
    Erica

Still Learning.......
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    I have the XSi and am planning on adding the 50D to my arsenal, and so I am very glad to hear from you. wings.gif I am particularly interested in the autofocus servo capabilities for shooting BIFs (birds in flight). Any experience yet?

Thanks

Dan
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    Congrats! thumb.gif
    Mine has about 3,500 frames on it so far, and it was all fine, but I'm replacing it with another copy due to an intermittent Error99 I was getting during the shootout.
    Try the new LiveView with exposure simulation and live histogram, then you can use AF, it's a true blessing! deal.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • billtaichibilltaichi Registered Users Posts: 75 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    Wow it shows a live histogram? Sweet. clap.gif
    Remember wherever you go, there you are.