How About Some Volleyball

JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
edited October 13, 2008 in Sports
I took this recently at the Showcase Volleyball Tournament at Walt Disney World in Orlando. This is in the new Jostens Center that was recently completed. There are 12 volleyball courts. I believe there were 48 teams in the tournament.
373293293_BDYxd-XL.jpg

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    they need to allow more space for photographers :D

That looks like the setup for a wrestling or martial arts tournament
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    This is just one big open building. It has an upper level on one end (where I took this photo. It can handle 12 volleyball, six basketball or 2 roller hockey rinks. I imagine they can do wrestling also. I much prefer the "Milk House" next door. It has a huge floor with stadium seating on the upper level and a walk around area you can take photos from. The lighting is much better also. I guess I should be happy since they don't have the blue and red matted flooring! This whole Disney Complex is amazing. They are fixing to change the name to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.
  • South Shore SnapshotsSouth Shore Snapshots Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    I would be worried about my son or daughter rolling an ankle if and when an errant ball from a different court heads into his/her court right in the middle of some killer spike. Ouch!

Neat photo though!
    Nikon D90 | MB-D80 GRIP | 80-200mm F2.8 | 50mm F1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm F2.8 | SB 400

Pentax K1000 | M28mm F2.8 | M50mm F2 | Takumar Bayonet 135mm F2.5

www.southshoresnapshots.smugmug.com
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    If you look close you can see netting between the courts that go across. The courts are 3 across and 4 deep. It is very distracting and some balls do come flying into other courts. They usually stop play to retrieve them.