Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3

jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
edited October 13, 2008 in Cameras
Has anyone got one of these new babies as a compact backup for one's DSLR? I hear good things about this little camera. Does anyone have a gallery up with images from this yet?
More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
Jeff Meyers

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    I have no experience with it, but it looks like a sweet little thing.

Panasonics micro-four thirds camera has been announced. If it was me, I'd go with that as a compact backup. Will have a much larger sensor.
  • InternautInternaut Registered Users Posts: 347 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    If you can stand the noisy rabble that are the dpreview forums, there's lots of examples on the Panasonic forum over there. It looks good and it looks like they've made some nice improvements in ISO (usable 400 and 800 for emergencies IMO) and Dynamic Range performance but it *is* still only a point and shoot camera albeit with a remarkable looking lens. The Panasonic G1 OTOH is not a DSLR but does have a DSLR sized sensor. It's quite a bit bigger than it could have been though (thanks to a big EVF and articulating screen).
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    cameralabs.com has a review of it.
    http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_LX3/

If you do an internet search for it, I recall one or two other reviews with images on it.
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Tee Why wrote:
    cameralabs.com has a review of it.
    http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/Panasonic_Lumix_DMC_LX3/

If you do an internet search for it, I recall one or two other reviews with images on it.

Thanks. I saw these other reviews, but I was wondering of any DGrin folks had any examples.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers