Options

Journal View not working right.

flyingwolfflyingwolf Registered Users Posts: 57 Big grins
edited October 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Ok so I upload a bunch of photos today.

Set the view to Journal for the style I want and all if good to go.

So I have a few more shots I want to upload, Use the Add photos button, choose this gallery, and use the Java upload system.

None of the new items showed up, so I used the send to smugmug plugin, nothing showed up again.

I go and change the gallery view to user selectable and choose any of the other views I can see the files.

So I changed back to journal view, and now all I can see are the ones I just uploaded, what is going on with my journal view.

http://idesigns.smugmug.com/gallery/6229725_MYqdr

Edit.

And now I go to look and all of the originals are back and the new ones are gone.
It seems to be rather undecided on what to do.

Comments

• Options
    edited October 13, 2008
    Has anyone viewed the a;bum and seen the problem I described, there should be more than 10 photos there.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    flyingwolf wrote:
    Ok so I upload a bunch of photos today.

Set the view to Journal for the style I want and all if good to go.

So I have a few more shots I want to upload, Use the Add photos button, choose this gallery, and use the Java upload system.

None of the new items showed up, so I used the send to smugmug plugin, nothing showed up again.

I go and change the gallery view to user selectable and choose any of the other views I can see the files.

So I changed back to journal view, and now all I can see are the ones I just uploaded, what is going on with my journal view.

http://idesigns.smugmug.com/gallery/6229725_MYqdr

Edit.

And now I go to look and all of the originals are back and the new ones are gone.
    It seems to be rather undecided on what to do.

This line of your custom CSS has hidden the page navigation so you can't see the 2nd page when in Journal view.

.pageNav {
    display: none;
    }

Take that line out and everything is there. It just so happens that the Smugmug view shows 15 thumbs on a medium sized window so you didn't need a 2nd page to see all of the photos in that view. But Journal view doesn't show that many per page so you needed the 2nd page.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2008
    Thank you, I kept looking through there but could not not see the forest for the trees.

So, any way to remove the words "Gallery Pages". and maybe replace it with "Page"