Racerx7734Racerx7734 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited October 15, 2008 in Sports
392850055_RGYqv-XL-1.jpg

What do you think?

Comments

• attorneyjayattorneyjay Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Soccer Shot
    Well, it is different and interesting in its own way. However, while shooting from the rear of the net gets points for creativity it loses points for not showing the face or front of the body. Emotions are absent without a face and frontal body gesticulations tell a story too, but that is lost from this vantage point. Timing, lighting, color, etc. look good but it would be more exciting if I saw the front of her(?) body. That said, I realize you can't get an exact reverse angle at this proximity but I'd still rather see the frontal view even if taken from the sidelines.

Jay
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2008
    Awesome shot!

But who can you sell it to?? not the goalierolleyes1.gif too bad the whoever kicked isnt in the frame:cry

Seriously though Great capture! Thats quite and effort on the goalies part, seeing that I bet she couldnt have done much else...
  • johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    I like it as something completely different from the norm. But I agree - as a newspaper or sales shot it wouldn't work. But, it's great to get creative some times. The only real nit I have is the oversaturation. Looks like you applied a velvia type affect to the photo. Other than that I think it's a rather creative shot.
  • ASkipASkip Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    flying
    Racerx7734 wrote:

What do you think?

I think you have great timing. I just got back from a week of taking soccer pictures of my niece (a goalie) and getting a picture of a girl in full flight with the ball is so hard especially when you're that close. This is awesome (like the other person said).
  • Racerx7734Racerx7734 Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Well, it is different and interesting in its own way. However, while shooting from the rear of the net gets points for creativity it loses points for not showing the face or front of the body. Emotions are absent without a face and frontal body gesticulations tell a story too, but that is lost from this vantage point. Timing, lighting, color, etc. look good but it would be more exciting if I saw the front of her(?) body. That said, I realize you can't get an exact reverse angle at this proximity but I'd still rather see the frontal view even if taken from the sidelines.

Jay

Thank so much for the comments.......I really appreciate it.

Maybe a little background helps. These are shots that I take for free for the parents of the team of the goalie.

So, I really didnt want the other player in the shot. I also thought that the forward shot while it showed the face of the goalie, it also shows the street with cars going by and was not nearly as pretty a background as the moutains.

I really liked the combination of the mountains, and the difficulty of shooting throught the net and still getting the player in focus, in the air, with a ball in the air (hard to do). I do think your right about the over saturation.

Hopefully to redeem myself : )

I also shot the one below of one of the girls on the team I was shooting for after she scored the first PK shot with the reaction of her teammates in the background. I no everyone likes to see the face but I also think that sometimes gestures and body language speak volumes and are often forgotten. I was trying to capture something different while still capturing the spirit and feeling.

I'm blabbing...........heres the other shot:

392848347_RjZAN-XL-1.jpg