Geocaching Anyone?

RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
edited October 17, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Took the daughter out geocaching. It was our first time...well second time, though we don't count the first outing due to some problems.

Went to the website, got the coordinates for several locations, uploaded them to the GPS unit, and off we went. We parked near where my official office is and started walking. She had a lot of fun using the GPS to track which way to go. I had to tell her a few times to make sure that she held the unit relatively flat so that the directional arrow would point correctly. We found the first geocache spot with no problems. It took us about 10 minutes of looking around and about to finally find the cache. We made sure no one was around and took it away to sign the book. Afterwards, it was all back to its original location.

We tried to more locations, but were not successful, the main reason was time. We had a few more errands to run. She enjoyed the hunt and wants to go again.

This is Megan holding the GPS unit and the cache's logbook. She drew a bear (her favorite stuffed animal).

397142925_d2XWC-XL.jpg

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    Your daughter is a good looking little girl.....I never heard or geocaching before...Judging by the smile on her face it must be a lot of fun. WELL DONEthumb.gif
  • RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    Azzaro wrote:
    Your daughter is a good looking little girl.....I never heard or geocaching before...Judging by the smile on her face it must be a lot of fun. WELL DONEthumb.gif
    Thanks, Azzaro. It is a lot of fun. We did two more the other day - both in the woods. Nice finds, and we picked up some "tracking bugs" that we plan on releasing at other cache locations soon. There are a few cache spots in and around Shenandoan National Park. We are arriving there on the 26th - and we plan on hiking out to find one and dropping off the bug (if we find the cache that is).