393787073_xoniq-M.jpg

393752664_a4AUa-M.jpg

393734554_GSRCA-M.jpg

393703242_YH6nA-M.jpg

393704977_mhCzo-L.jpg

Comments

• adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Very nice shots! I like them all... Love the clouds in #2 as well!! Great job!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Hey Josh - nice set. thumb.gif The winner, for me, has got to be #5 - though I think I would have liked to have seen some light coming from behind him to seperate him from the background a bit.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Hey Josh, long time not seen!! wave.gif

Nice set, I especially like the outdoor shots! In #2 it looks like the sky is just about to fall down, you're a brave man ... haha rolleyes1.gif

My favorite is #1, very nice composition.

I like #2 too, but I think I would have cropped a bit more of the plant. It IS a very cool plant, but I think it kind of takes away the attention from the guy (it almost looks like a pic of two buddies).

#3 is a nice pic too!

#4 I think is a bit too girly? (Not sure if that's a good pose for a guy). But I do envy you for being allowed to take shots on a golf course. Seems to be a big nono where I had my last few weddings.

Did you also get some shots where he isn't looking into the camera, would be cool too ... I I would maybe ask him to bring something he's interested in (maybe a guitar?), so it shows more his personality.

All in one a good set clap.gif
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Hey Josh - nice set. thumb.gif The winner, for me, has got to be #5 - though I think I would have liked to have seen some light coming from behind him to seperate him from the background a bit.

I totally agree. Believe it or not, there is a light behind them. I use three flashes-- a 580 on camera that is pointing to the ceiling. It is mostly driving the other two. One on an umbrella to the side, about 45 degrees. The other behind. I have experimented with various configurations on it. It normally gets this result:

392433449_TPPfX-M-1.jpg

the learning here, for me, was that according to the subjects hair, I have to vary the hair light. His hair just didn't reflect a lot of light. (this is my wife and I, by the way.)

Anyway, thanks for looking. As usual, your comments are dead on
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Hey Josh, long time not seen!! wave.gif

Nice set, I especially like the outdoor shots! In #2 it looks like the sky is just about to fall down, you're a brave man ... haha rolleyes1.gif

My favorite is #1, very nice composition.

I like #2 too, but I think I would have cropped a bit more of the plant. It IS a very cool plant, but I think it kind of takes away the attention from the guy (it almost looks like a pic of two buddies).

#3 is a nice pic too!

#4 I think is a bit too girly? (Not sure if that's a good pose for a guy). But I do envy you for being allowed to take shots on a golf course. Seems to be a big nono where I had my last few weddings.

Did you also get some shots where he isn't looking into the camera, would be cool too ... I I would maybe ask him to bring something he's interested in (maybe a guitar?), so it shows more his personality.

All in one a good set clap.gif

Good comments; thanks for taking the time. couple of explanations:
    the plant in #2 is a Yucca, New Mexico State flower (although, this one not to flowery; you take what you can get in the dessert.) they are everywhere out here and I thought it kind of represents where we live. I can see your point, though.

I live right near this golf course, and, as I understand the rules, you can walk the cart paths AFTER they pull the flags late in the day.

I agree with the looking away comment. I tried, but I didn't like the result in this case. I have done a shoot or two with my son so the subject will look at one of us and the other is taking as well. We got some real good results then, but not so much this time. he wasn't with me, but I was using his 17 - 55 for a lot of these. Some were taken with 85 1.8 prime.

I need to remember about asking them to bring props. good comment, again.