Selling his Boyhood dreams.....

Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
edited May 4, 2005 in People
Selling his Boyhood dreams,
at the Queens Birthdayparty.:cry

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Good get, the memories, the jealousy, the etc............. even a nice posed shot. I get nervous and mess up.

I would not be crying if I had my childhood comic books from the 40s to sell, I would be :D , all the way. I bought 10 a wk, a dime a piece, unless I was buying film and developing a roll. Tough choice there. I would like to have the Brownie I took them with, too.

doG, I often think about those comics. I have beanie babies :lol4 , and that does make me cry. Threw out the comics and paid thousands for Beanie Babies,:cry , excuse me, Someone, is there a hanky or even a paper towel emoticon, because I am going to :cry :cry :cry .

I will say that I did understand real estate. And .com stocks were the only stocks I ever made money on, and if my stupid broker had sold when I kept suggesting it, I would have made more.

Still, didn't have the money to buy on either of the islands in the 80s:cry , and I didn't make that much money on the internet stuff, as my broker wouldn't let me buy it. It was in trust...............I kinda had to do what he said, or he would have told my son, the tyrant co trustee.

So, comic books, no one pays attention to a kid buying comic books.

good photo, I have enjoyed it.:cry

g1drink.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Some people might give it more pop, if possible.

g
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Peter DumontPeter Dumont Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Hello Ginger !
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Good get, the memories, the jealousy, the etc............. even a nice posed shot. I get nervous and mess up.

I would not be crying if I had my childhood comic books from the 40s to sell, I would be :D , all the way. I bought 10 a wk, a dime a piece, unless I was buying film and developing a roll. Tough choice there. I would like to have the Brownie I took them with, too.

doG, I often think about those comics. I have beanie babies :lol4 , and that does make me cry. Threw out the comics and paid thousands for Beanie Babies,:cry , excuse me, Someone, is there a hanky or even a paper towel emoticon, because I am going to :cry :cry :cry .

I will say that I did understand real estate. And .com stocks were the only stocks I ever made money on, and if my stupid broker had sold when I kept suggesting it, I would have made more.

Still, didn't have the money to buy on either of the islands in the 80s:cry , and I didn't make that much money on the internet stuff, as my broker wouldn't let me buy it. It was in trust...............I kinda had to do what he said, or he would have told my son, the tyrant co trustee.

So, comic books, no one pays attention to a kid buying comic books.

good photo, I have enjoyed it.:cry

g1drink.gif
    Hello Ginger.
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes on the road to riches and wealth.
    Last week I saw the headline of some magazine article saying:
    "Getting rich is a state of mind !"
    Didn't read the article though, so I'll never know what was meant by that.

You may be right about giving the picture more pop.
    There certainly is room for that, so maybe I will do that.

I posted this photograph, because I thought the meekish smile of the man was in a rather funny contrast with the ferociousness of the bloodthirsty Vampirella .
    Nice to hear your side of the story though.

Me myself had piles and piles of Donald Duck cartoon magazines.
    I lost those along the way too, but unlike these comics, one can stil buy Donald Duck mags for 20 cts a piece, so now my 7 year old son has piles of them too .

Bye,
    Peter Dumont
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Brings to mind all of those Marvel comics that my Dad threw away in the 1950s when I wasn't looking. :cry Just think, I might have ended up wealthy and had better things to do than spend my time on dgrin. rolleyes1.gif Virginia

Email