"Bring out your dead..." Injury pics, anyone?

KCBearcatKCBearcat Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited October 15, 2008 in Sports
The thread title comes from the chant the Cauldron supporters group uses when an opposing player seems to be faking an injury, and of course that came from Monty Python...

To give you an idea of what I mean by "injury pics", here's one I got last month during the KC Wizards match with Toronto. Wizards captain Jimmy Conrad had just gotten his lip busted open. Amado Guevara of Toronto, Herculez Gomez of KC and one of the fans in the seats right behind the ad boards all covering their mouths as if they're saying "Oh my god!" is what made the shot for me... It took 6 or 7 stitches to get it closed...

377801621_vJwQG-L-2.jpg

Anybody else have one they want to share?
Alan H.
http://www.fountaincityphotography.com
Camera Gear: Canon 400D (XTi), 18-55 f/3.5-5.6, 75-300 f/4.0-5.6, 70-200 f/4 L, 50 f/1.8 II

Comments

• BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Girls high school lacrosse...a girl on my daughters team got whacked across the head...no stitches required...the prom dance was two day later though.

284265699_drpwH-XL.jpg
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2008
    Sorry that this is a horrible stitch, but I didn't get a shot of the actual collision. This was the aftermath, before both of them got 8-10 stitches! The top guy actually needed 2 to 3 deep tissue stitches to close it up!

Hopefully, next time I'll get the full collision to put here!

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • rich56krich56k Registered Users Posts: 547 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    this was at night race last month...happened right off the line so speed was not an issue - bike damage superficial and he was smiling/joking 30 minutes later (see bottom right - he's standing)

sorry no blood but somewhat spectacular anyways...rolleyes1.gif
    could have been a lot worse

rich56k
    http://HooliganUnderground.com
    Member: ASMP; EP; NPPA; CPS