into autumn

squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
edited October 15, 2008 in Landscapes
spent last Saturday cruising the North Cascades and wound up in the Methow Valley in eastern Washington. it's a very rural area - the only two towns in the valley have a combined population of about 1500. it's dotted with farms, deer abound, and birches, aspens, and lodgepole pines line the river banks. one of those pastoral places i would love to live in when i retire... wink.png anyway, i was driving down this one-lane dirt road, saw this scene, and pulled over... the light was about gone, and the road and trees were in deep shadow, so i shot 3 frames, +1/0/-1, and blended the exposures in Photomatix. this is the result... kinda makes me want to just start walking, listening to the crunch of gravel under my shoes, enjoying the sights and smells of autumn... 40D, tammy 17-35 @ 17mm, nominal exposure 1/3.3 @ f/14...

autumnlanepssm.jpg
~ Rocky
"Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Is it me or are the trees bending in the same direction as the path? :D

Nice autumn capture! Although I kinda wonder how it would look if you from a lower perspective.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • davespicsdavespics Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    I love road pictures, fall color pictures and pictures of trees with white bark....so I love this picture!

I bet it would look good as a grainy B&W as well....very nice.