Options

Problems uploading images to site

naturephotoznaturephotoz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited October 16, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I have not had an issue before tonight so I am wondering if it is something I changed or if other people are experiencing problems as well.

When I upload an image using the simple uploader it seems to upload and when I click OK it takes me away from my site to another open internet window. When I return to the gallery to which I uploaded the image the image either appears as a small dot (it is not the size of the image causing it to appear so small) or it says "image processing" some images have been processing for over an hour (same images that earlier tonight took 3-4 minutes to process).

Anyone else experiencing this problem now or in the past??

Thanks

Jason

Comments

• Options
    naturephotoznaturephotoz Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    OK so how do you delete a thread that you started? HAHA

I don't know if it was me or if the gurus of code fixed it but it is now working.

Jason
  • Options
    tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Im having this problem as well.
    -Paul
  • Options
    Michael LandryMichael Landry Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Nope, there are definitely issues, I uploaded about 50 pictures that have not appeared, if I go to my upload log in the control panel, they are sitting there labeled with "In Queue". This was over 30 minutes ago...

Most pages are also giving me the ! exclamation mark in the bottom left of IE, along with the message "Error on Page"...

I tried this with two browsers on my desktop, and IE on my laptop, and the site is not working right on any of them...

Michaelne_nau.gif
    ---
    Michael Landry Photography, LLC
    http://www.michaellandry.com
    photos@michaellandry.com
  • Options
    tweakertweaker Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    mine just finished, about 25 minutes of processing time.
    -Paul
  • Options
    mleemlee Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    I have a gallery of of seven items in it that I uploaded about an hour ago that is still processing.
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Our CEO and Chief Geek, Don and our engineers are aware of the problem and working on resolving this. I've looked at several upload logs and it looks like the images are in the queue. I would give it a while to see if they complete the processing before I would delete and upload again. Sorry for any troubles and we'll be watching to make sure it all gets back to normal.
  • Options
    Michael LandryMichael Landry Registered Users Posts: 27 Big grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Just back from Support, only 12 minutes after emailing them (the usual prompt response!!) :

Hi,

Thanks for contacting SmugMug.

Our upload queue is quite high currently due to a brief network problem that has now been fixed. I apologize for the wait. Your images should be processed fairly soon as our queue begins to work through all the waiting processes.

Best Regards,

Tristan
    Support Hero
    ---
    Michael Landry Photography, LLC
    http://www.michaellandry.com
    photos@michaellandry.com
  • Options
    richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Nope, there are definitely issues, I uploaded about 50 pictures that have not appeared, if I go to my upload log in the control panel, they are sitting there labeled with "In Queue". This was over 30 minutes ago...

Most pages are also giving me the ! exclamation mark in the bottom left of IE, along with the message "Error on Page"...

I tried this with two browsers on my desktop, and IE on my laptop, and the site is not working right on any of them...

Michaelne_nau.gif
    The error message looks to be coming from the 'guest book' javascript. Check out #30 in the FAQ to change the wording: http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq