Options

WTB: CF cards, 4, 8 GB

lightyearlightyear Registered Users Posts: 185 Major grins
edited October 18, 2008 in The Kitchen Sink
WTB: CF cards, 4, 8 GB. Excellent used condition, hopefully cheaper than the new Sandisk cards with rebates. If you have one with the rescue disc, even better. Thanx.
Stan:rolleyes

Comments

• Options
    davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    If you ar near a costco you might want to check for specials on the SanDisk 4g cards. I saw a 8gig CF transcend card at Fry's today for 49 bucks. I've got a bunch of 2 gig cards I might part with. Most CF shooters are using 4 and 8gig cards so finding them used may be tough.
    lightyear wrote:
    WTB: CF cards, 4, 8 GB. Excellent used condition, hopefully cheaper than the new Sandisk cards with rebates. If you have one with the rescue disc, even better. Thanx.
    Stanrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bnwelchbnwelch Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    lightyear wrote:
    Stanrolleyes1.gif

PM sent
    Brian
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2008
    If you ar near a costco you might want to check for specials on the SanDisk 4g cards. I saw a 8gig CF transcend card at Fry's today for 49 bucks. I've got a bunch of 2 gig cards I might part with. Most CF shooters are using 4 and 8gig cards so finding them used may be tough.

Will check Frys & Costco tormorrow, but Sandisk had a super rebate sale, so that some might have bought more cards than needed to get the rebate and sell the others. I called Nikon (I use D200)digital and learned that some of the cameras don't work well with high GB Transcend cards, although Sandisk, Lexar (officially approved)and Kingston have been OK. Also: prefer 4 or 8 GB, not 2 GB.

rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the info.

Stan
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2008
    lightyear wrote:
    Will check Frys & Costco tormorrow, but Sandisk had a super rebate sale, so that some might have bought more cards than needed to get the rebate and sell the others. I called Nikon (I use D200)digital and learned that some of the cameras don't work well with high GB Transcend cards, although Sandisk, Lexar (officially approved)and Kingston have been OK. Also: prefer 4 or 8 GB, not 2 GB.

rolleyes1.gif Thanks for the info.

Stan
    Went to Costco: Sandisk Ultra II, 4 GB=$29.95. Fry's: no Sandisk CF, others not on sale (Ridata, Kingston). I'd prefer a couple of cheap 8 GB.
    Stanne_nau.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    I saw a 8gig CF transcend card at Fry's today for 49 bucks. Most CF shooters are using 4 and 8gig cards so finding them used may be tough.

NEW EGG has TRANSCEND CF 133X 8GB 19.99 EACH..........I know have 6 and will be buying more this next week..........
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 18, 2008
    CF cards
    Art Scott wrote:
    NEW EGG has TRANSCEND CF 133X 8GB 19.99 EACH..........I know have 6 and will be buying more this next week..........

The NikonDigital tech rep specifically told me that they knew of problems with the higher(above 4) GB Transcend cards, not SanDisk. I don't know if they referred to 133Xcards or higher speed . Your experence with the 8GB Transcend cards? Thanx.
    Stan