Elwai

halee1953halee1953 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited October 21, 2008 in People
Hope to receive some comments and critiques to help me improve.

Shot was taken outdoor with fill-in flash.
Model - Elwai

376905842_yQpuu-X2.jpg

Thanks for viewing and comments.

Comments

• ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Beautiful model and photo.
    LadyTX
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    nice capture..though her hair seems tiny bit over exposed.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Looks like a perfect photo to me thumb.gif
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Looks excellent. Hair looks fine. Don't know why but the dry spot on her clothes is bothering me.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • halee1953halee1953 Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    ladytx - thanks, she is beautiful.
    Qarik - her hair is a touch over, and maybe so is the face - slightly. Hair was a bit messy too but she was lying on a wet rock with water flowing on the surface. Location was at a waterfall.
    Agnieszka - thanks - *smile*
    evoryware - you're right. I noticed that too, after the shot, else I would have dampened that dry spot. Maybe should have post processed it.

This one is a bit blur due to poor light condition (and drizzling too!), 1/60sec at ISO1600 but I thought that the pose is nice.
    376903818_j2jM9-L.jpg
  • crockettcrockett Registered Users Posts: 180 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    I like the second one the best.

Overall nice images...

Okay...I'll give the fred miranda critique.

1. Hair is everywhere and untamed. Both sides of the neck. Riding up on the cheek, on the left shoulder. The positioning of her right arm seems a bit awkward. Almost as if it is not attached to her body on the other side. You force my mind to reassure myself that it is part of her and connected. Also cut off at mid torso with no eye contact, you'd definately get the...."she looks dead" comments.

2. Awkward locking of the right arm, her elbow is actually inverted. There is that detached arm again with the elbow appearing out of nowhere. In both cases if you can see the hand reappearring it helps break the tension you created. I would have her slide forward on the stump so she is resting less of her rear on the stump. This will make the transition between her thigh and rear appear more flattering and less mushed (great word, huh?). The curling of the toes on her right leg makes her appear tensed and unrelaxed. They would look better straight and relaxed.

These are all nits of course. Nice images and you definately take better photos than I do.
    edited October 17, 2008
    crockett, I'm very glad to get so much tips and pointers from you on the photos.

1) Noted the comments about her hair here, hair there, wished that she'd allow me to adjust for her. mwink.gif I did not realize the position of her right arm would look disconnected. Now that you mentioned it, yes.

2) I had noticed the odd locking of her right arm and the stiffness of her toes. I was wondering whether anybody would notice that. Actually we (the photogs) were all novices in posing and she was the one who came up with the poses. Furthermore, it was drizzling but she was having fun getting wet whilst we were comfortable and dry in the hut shooting out at her, haha! :D

Thanks again, appreciate it.

One more for the road.
    376903955_xZ385-X2.jpg

More comments please.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    yeah if this were a bit sharper..nonethe less..great great shot
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    3rd one really looks good IMO. Like the catch lights.
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    I like the first image, indeed she has very beautiful & exotic facial features
    In the first image, there is some some discoloring on her bra. I wonder for the reasons.
    For sure I love the 3rd and final image.
    By the way, is she Chinese or ...?
    edited October 21, 2008
    Qarik wrote:
    yeah if this were a bit sharper..nonethe less..great great shot
    Thanks, Qarik again.
    glennp wrote:
    3rd one really looks good IMO. Like the catch lights.
    Thank you, glennp. Catch light was from my external flash (and perhaps somebody else's flash. There were four of us photographers.
    kombizz wrote:
    I like the first image, indeed she has very beautiful & exotic facial features
    In the first image, there is some some discoloring on her bra. I wonder for the reasons.
    For sure I love the 3rd and final image.
    By the way, is she Chinese or ...?
    For the first image, the discoloring on the bra (top piece of swimsuit) was due to partial wetness and dryness on the top.

She is Chinese born in Malaysia and her name is Leng Yein (editor of Model Magazines in Malaysia) and for short I call her LY, hence Elwai, hehe!