Options

Google Checkout closed my account

2»

Comments

• Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited October 24, 2008
    du8die wrote:

If you could explain what changes are being made, or what would trigger a shutdown of an account - so we know, I think that would go a long way in restoring trust in your service.

I would also like to know what changes are being made to improve customer service. Especially as it relates to contacting Google when there are discrepancies.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    Hey David, I noticed you're taking Google checkout again in Flea Market. Did you guys make up? ne_nau.gif
    Chris
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited December 15, 2008
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Hey David, I noticed you're taking Google checkout again in Flea Market. Did you guys make up? ne_nau.gif

Yah, well they screwed up royally, and I just happened to be lucky enough to get some help getting to someone with some actual power. Meaning they never responded to my emails, and shame on them for that and for treating me that way in the first place. But the guy who helped me also ensured that they are putting policies in place to avoid it in the future. So, I'm thinking that maybe they'll learn from it. I'm hopeful, anyway. Plus, it's so damned easy. :D
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,910 moderator
    edited December 16, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Yah, well they screwed up royally, and I just happened to be lucky enough to get some help getting to someone with some actual power. Meaning they never responded to my emails, and shame on them for that and for treating me that way in the first place. But the guy who helped me also ensured that they are putting policies in place to avoid it in the future. So, I'm thinking that maybe they'll learn from it. I'm hopeful, anyway. Plus, it's so damned easy. :D

I'm still waiting for a response though I am certain I will never receive one. And for that, they can be certain I won't use Google Checkout anytime in the near future rolleyes1.gif

I still find it unacceptable that a company that handles any sort of finance is seemingly unaccountable to the people using their service.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    ian408 wrote:
    I'm still waiting for a response though I am certain I will never receive one. And for that, they can be certain I won't use Google Checkout anytime in the near future rolleyes1.gif

I still find it unacceptable that a company that handles any sort of finance is seemingly unaccountable to the people using their service.
    Definitely a bit disappointing in that regard.... although there have been some notable financial institutions of late that have done much worse things. :wow

I guess I'm still of the opinion that Google is trying to do the right thing, they just might not have the experience and/or manpower to actually do it. Paypal/eBay has always seemed to try and nickel and dime me.
    Chris
  • Options
    edited December 16, 2008
    ChrisJ wrote:
    Definitely a bit disappointing in that regard.... although there have been some notable financial institutions of late that have done much worse things. :wow

I guess I'm still of the opinion that Google is trying to do the right thing, they just might not have the experience and/or manpower to actually do it. Paypal/eBay has always seemed to try and nickel and dime me.

Yah, that's part of what I came up against: the dearth of options.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited December 16, 2008
    Decent thread and glad to hear its evolving to a certain resolution.

I'd like to offer a link to a wonderful site that

I have used repeatedly: http://www.gethuman.com/

Just when you thought there weren't any left...

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 17, 2008
    angevin1 wrote:
    I'd like to offer a link to a wonderful site that
    I have used repeatedly: http://www.gethuman.com/
    Great link, Tom, thanks! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    spunko2010spunko2010 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited March 21, 2009
    Hi guys,

Newbie here. Same old story, been using Google Checkout for about a month now, fully verified it, thought everything was fine but signed into Google Checkout earlier and said I had been deactivated. Not only that but I was not allowed to appeal. No phonecalls from them, no emails, no warnings, no nothing.

Countless emails sent to Google Checkout staff, guess how many replies I've had?

I see that shane17 earlier mentioned he had put in place certain processes to stop such situations happening again. I guess 6 months down the road they've reneged on that as I cannot get any joy. Sent shane17 an PM in the hope I can get a response - fingers crossed!

I'll warn all those who see Paypal as the devil's work and Google Checkout as a gift from the Gods: it's a complete fallacy, they are both as bad as each other. Don't expect anything from either of them if you're a seller; they click their fingers when they want and treat you as a number and nothing more.

The thing that has really irked me is the complete lack of response and willingness to help me resolve this. This is MY INCOME, it supports my family, and Google's blasé attitude to it all makes me wonder if I should continue to use their services if this is how they treat their customers. Not just any customer, but a MERCHANT whose account was in perfect standing. It's outrageous.
    I can only hope Shane17 sees this and is gracious enough to reply, because otherwise I am at a complete loss.
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2009
    spunko2010 wrote:
    Hi guys,

Newbie here. Same old story, been using Google Checkout for about a month now, fully verified it, thought everything was fine but signed into Google Checkout earlier and said I had been deactivated. Not only that but I was not allowed to appeal. No phonecalls from them, no emails, no warnings, no nothing.

Countless emails sent to Google Checkout staff, guess how many replies I've had?

I see that shane17 earlier mentioned he had put in place certain processes to stop such situations happening again. I guess 6 months down the road they've reneged on that as I cannot get any joy. Sent shane17 an PM in the hope I can get a response - fingers crossed!

I'll warn all those who see Paypal as the devil's work and Google Checkout as a gift from the Gods: it's a complete fallacy, they are both as bad as each other. Don't expect anything from either of them if you're a seller; they click their fingers when they want and treat you as a number and nothing more.

The thing that has really irked me is the complete lack of response and willingness to help me resolve this. This is MY INCOME, it supports my family, and Google's blasé attitude to it all makes me wonder if I should continue to use their services if this is how they treat their customers. Not just any customer, but a MERCHANT whose account was in perfect standing. It's outrageous.
    I can only hope Shane17 sees this and is gracious enough to reply, because otherwise I am at a complete loss.

Wow. That's really too bad to hear. I had hopes that things had changed. I certainly know how frustrating it can be. Good luck.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2009
    Hey DavidTO, I don't suppose you have any sort of contact information for Shane or anyone at Google Checkout? Anything will do - the only contact I have made is via their ticketing system.

Please PM me if you (or anyone) has anything pertinent. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited March 21, 2009
    spunko2010 wrote:
    Hey DavidTO, I don't suppose you have any sort of contact information for Shane or anyone at Google Checkout? Anything will do - the only contact I have made is via their ticketing system.

Please PM me if you (or anyone) has anything pertinent. Thanks!

Sorry, nothing more than you have. ne_nau.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    edited March 23, 2009
    Okay, thanks for the reply, I guess I'll hope that Shane replies to me.
  • Options
    edited March 26, 2009
    Well, Shane hasnt bothered replying to any of the PMs I've sent, so it looks as though I'll be giving up on Google Checkout and going to 2checkout. I would recommend this to everyone, don't put all your eggs in one basket and avoid GC like the plague if you're a merchant.

I'm also giving serious thought to starting a Paypalsucks.com style complaints board or forum for GC, I'm testing the waters at the moment to see if there's enough people out there are p*ssed with them as we are. But if there are, and I go ahead with it I'll post the link here.
  • Options
    RogersDARogersDA Registered Users Posts: 3,502 Major grins
    edited March 26, 2009
    spunko2010 wrote:
    Well, Shane hasnt bothered replying....
    Just remember - Shane may not be a Google employee anymore for any number of reasons...so your PMs may not be reaching anybody.
  • Options
    kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited March 26, 2009
    RogersDA wrote:
    Just remember - Shane may not be a Google employee anymore for any number of reasons...

Maybe he got fired for helping customers. deal.gifrofl
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 16, 2009
    David et al

I'm about to embark on a little venture and need to set up an account to receive payments and I too avoid PP like the plaque.

How are things in googleworld? any changes for the better or worse?
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2009
    Angelo wrote:
    David et al

I'm about to embark on a little venture and need to set up an account to receive payments and I too avoid PP like the plaque.

How are things in googleworld? any changes for the better or worse?

Aside from reinstating my account, I don't see any real change. But I wouldn't push you away from it, either. It's worked out. They are sticklers about meeting their criteria as far as having all the fields (contact, return policy, etc) filled out. If you leave them blank, they'll contact you and ask you to fill them in or they'll have to close your account. Not a bad thing, IMO, just something to be aware of.
    Moderator Emeritus
  • Options
    AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited June 16, 2009
    DavidTO wrote:
    Aside from reinstating my account, I don't see any real change. But I wouldn't push you away from it, either. It's worked out. They are sticklers about meeting their criteria as far as having all the fields (contact, return policy, etc) filled out. If you leave them blank, they'll contact you and ask you to fill them in or they'll have to close your account. Not a bad thing, IMO, just something to be aware of.

ok, well I'll take a look at it. thanks.