Canon 200mm f1.8 value

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited July 19, 2005 in Cameras
Think the canon 200mm f1.8 will hold any of their value if a new lens comes out @ 1.8. Any news of a new canon 200mm f1.8

Greg
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Think the canon 200mm f1.8 will hold any of their value if a new lens comes out @ 1.8. Any news of a new canon 200mm f1.8

Greg

yup. even if they come out with a new 200, it'll prolly be a d.o... they're likely never to reproduce that glorious lead-filled optics of the 200 f/1.8 ever again deal.gif
  • tlittletontlittleton Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2005
    What does the "DO" in "DO" lense specify?
    edited May 4, 2005
    tlittleton wrote:
    What does the "DO" in "DO" lense specify?

diffractive optics
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    yup. even if they come out with a new 200, it'll prolly be a d.o... they're likely never to reproduce that glorious lead-filled optics of the 200 f/1.8 ever again deal.gif
    Andy, you should be getting a commission. thumb.gif This is the second item you've indirectly sold me in the last few weeks. (1.4II from windoze and 200mm f1.8iloveyou.gif off FM board)

Greg
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
    edited May 5, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Andy, you should be getting a commission. thumb.gif This is the second item you've indirectly sold me in the last few weeks. (1.4II from windoze and 200mm f1.8iloveyou.gif off FM board)

Greg

so, you bought mike hatam's ?

man, that's some sweet glass.
  • BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    andy wrote:
    so, you bought mike hatam's ?

man, that's some sweet glass.
    Yes, I'm trying to work out the logistics to get it this weekend. Take it you know Mike.
    Greg
    edited May 5, 2005
    Bodley wrote:
    Yes, I'm trying to work out the logistics to get it this weekend. Take it you know Mike.

yup. he's in los gatos, coincidentally where i am right now :D he's a fine seller and his gear is impeccable. you'll get what he's advertising. enjoy your new lens!
  • John MuellerJohn Mueller Registered Users Posts: 2,555 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2005
    Correct me if Im wrong,but I read or heard that Canon soon will not service this lensne_nau.gif