Copying metadata to another photo

SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
edited October 16, 2008 in Finishing School
Hello,

Taking a pano of, for example, 4 images, when I ingest them from the CF card I have my ingestion software geotag them, such that the GPS coordinates, as well as my copyright info and so forth are part of the images's metadata.

When I then assemble then into a pano (either PTGui or CS3) a new file results. The four parts might have names of a,b,c,d but when saved the composite will have the name of e.

Here's my question - the file named e doesn't have any of the metadata of the four files that went into it.

Is there an easy way to copy all the metadata from one file to another - especially the GPS coordinates? This would be fine as the metadata of any of files a-d would be fine for file e.

This same problem occurs with HDR composites as well, for the same reasons.

thanks,

Comments

• pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited October 16, 2008
    Steve,

I don't use PTUgui but I do panos with CS3, and there, the metadata seems to be fine for me.

What metadata, specifically, seems to be lost in the process? When I look at multiple frame panos I assemble in Photoshop with photomerge, the camera, lens, exposure data are all there in the final jpg.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    The GPS data disappears.

I'm trying to get my panos and HDR's geotagged like the rest of my files.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited October 16, 2008
    I see.

You can synch the metadata easily in LR2 between images, but I have no experience with GPS data specifically, so I cannot confirm or deny that it will synch there for sure. Maybe someone else can answer this for us.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin