Night Bridge Pictures

Expose_MeExpose_Me Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited October 21, 2008 in Landscapes
I would like someone to give me an idea if this is apealing to them. It is tough to get feedback from family,lol. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Expose_MeExpose_Me Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 16, 2008
    Next Picture
    Not sure how to post more than one photo at a time. I think I worked it out?

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2008
    Nice shots Scott. Especially the last one.
    393255570_kzmRK-Th.jpg
    Would you be able to take a shot from a bit further under the bridges? That would move the distracting sign. The bridge itself is great - the blue lights really add something.
    E
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    From what I see in the thumbnail above it looks gorgeous! But did you take the original images down? headscratch.gif
    edited October 19, 2008
    Thanks
    schmoo wrote:
    From what I see in the thumbnail above it looks gorgeous! But did you take the original images down? headscratch.gif

Ya, I did take it down.

I wasn't really sure how to share them without letting everyone save them to their computerne_nau.gif .

I know, sounds a little paranoid.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the pic though. Do you have any insight as to how to share the photo?

sb
    edited October 19, 2008
    More to the left?
    eoren1 wrote:
    Nice shots Scott. Especially the last one.
    393255570_kzmRK-Th.jpg
    Would you be able to take a shot from a bit further under the bridges? That would move the distracting sign. The bridge itself is great - the blue lights really add something.
    E

Did you mean to slide myself over to the left and a bit closer?

Thanks for the input.
    sb
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Exactly - but hopefully that vantage point won't remove the view of the blue lights on the bridge. There's a sign there that was a bit distracting on the lower right of the photo.
  • CatoCato Registered Users Posts: 287 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Expose_Me wrote:
    Ya, I did take it down.

I wasn't really sure how to share them without letting everyone save them to their computerne_nau.gif .

Thanks for the kind words regarding the pic though. Do you have any insight as to how to share the photo?

sb

I'm sorry, but it sounds very paranoid. Why are you worried about that?

I went to your website to look at a larger version of the pic - it's very nice.

I also copied every photo in your gallery to my hard drive.

Not really, but I could have, in a number of different ways, the easiest being use of the "Print Screen" key on virtually every computer keyboard.

I guess your concern is someone passing off your work as their own? In that case, you could apply a watermark to the shots you post.
    http://catographer.smugmug.com/

Shooter on a shoestring.
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Expose_Me wrote:
    Ya, I did take it down.

sb

Hi Scott,

As a Support Hero for SM I certainly hear you here. I see a lot of people writing in with the same concerns every day and we do take security very seriously.

I know that with a Standard or a Power User account you may have to consider other options for image protection, but since you're a Pro user you do have lots of options - including watermarking! Do you have reasons for not using them? They don't have to be loud and in-yer-face to be effective. And if they are, well, consider it free advertising. ;)

Anyway I'm not trying to sell ya anything, but just giving my two cents. I know that there are a lot of dirty thieves out there so your caution is well appreciated.
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Scott,

As a Support Hero for SM so I certainly hear you here. I see a lot of people writing in with the same concerns every day and we do take security very seriously.

I know that with a Standard or a Power User account you may have to consider other options for image protection, but since you're a Pro user you do have lots of options - including watermarking! Do you have reasons for not using them? They don't have to be loud and in-yer-face to be effective. And if they are, well, consider it free advertising. ;)

Anyway I'm not trying to sell ya anything, but just giving my two cents. I know that there are a lot of dirty thieves out there so your caution is well appreciated.

Agreed Schmoo, and fwiw Expose_Me, Smugmug is one of the best at custom watermarking.

I love what I can see in that shot by the way. I'd love to see it just a bit bigger :D
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork