Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited October 20, 2008 in People
Just shot these. Which do you prefer?

2948741656_f43a4cff35_o.jpg

2948741590_cc117ec9a9_o.jpg

Comments

• mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    I like No 2 even if the scenery pulls your eye away from your family, but they both look great
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    mayassa wrote:
    I like No 2 even if the scenery pulls your eye away from your family, but they both look great

Thanks! For some reason the faces in these scaled down versions look really compressed and over sharpened. They are coming through flickr so that is probably why...ne_nau.gif
  • Matt336Matt336 Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    Deadeye008 wrote:
    Thanks! For some reason the faces in these scaled down versions look really compressed and over sharpened.

I agree, I'd pick #1 though. If it's a portrait, I like to see emphasis on the person in the picture.
  • Deanna AlkoDeanna Alko Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Hi,

Always enjoy your scenic family posts! I like the vertical orientation for the intimacy of the family with the viewer but overall, I favor the landscape orientation for the beauty, drama and context in which the family finds themselves surrounded. You may consider cropping from the left, to rid the image of the no leaf tree, you would not be sacrificing much from the distant BG, and may crop a little of the FG out. Tried it here and it brings a little more focus on the family without loosing the global feel of this majestic image.

Take care,
    - Deanna
  • kombizzkombizz Banned Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    for sure I can NOT see the remote cord, unless
    you used an infra red remote!
    or
    another photographer took your image
    indeed you have a beautiful happy family