My nieces

Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
edited May 7, 2005 in People
We got a chance to babysit both nieces at the same time yesterday so we decided to go to the park and have a some fun. I'm not much for taking good pictures of kids as they are so darn fast. I took 80 pics and only got maybe 15 keepers as most of them were blurry. Here are two of the better ones. Feel free to comment and critique.

Kerrigan and Samantha:

3438494323232%7Ffp58%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238454%3B%3C633ot1lsi

Kerrigan:

3438494323232%7Ffp45%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E23238454%3B%3C635ot1lsi

Thanks for looking.

Eric
"My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    We got a chance to babysit both nieces at the same time yesterday so we decided to go to the park and have a some fun. I'm not much for taking good pictures of kids as they are so darn fast. I took 80 pics and only got maybe 15 keepers as most of them were blurry. Here are two of the better ones. Feel free to comment and critique.

Kerrigan and Samantha:

Kerrigan:

Thanks for looking.

Eric
    Both made me smile. I prefer the first one, lovely expressions. They looks a little "tanned"? but it may be my monitor. I like the second one, I think I would have cropped it maybe so that it was'nt dead center? I think it would have more impact off center (I learned that from waxy).. looks like they had a great day!
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    They are both good, but the first is my fave, too.

15 keepers is pretty good. You could have shot more photos.rolleyes1.gif

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Thanks Lynnma and Ginger. I agree with the crop on the second one. I would have shot more pics but all I had with me was 256. I left the other card at home in the card reader11doh.gif lotta good it does thererolleyes1.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

• leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Aren't kids great! Such joy. Nice captures. I like the second one best, love the vibrant color. I agree that I would like it cropped or framed differently. Perhaps with the girl closer to the right edge of the frame...a little dramatic effect with the slide drawing your eye from the upper right and depositing it on the girl.

The first phots is peraps a bit too tight!

But hey, you have your neices smiling and laughing and having a great time. What can be better than that?

Lee
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2005
    I thought about the cropping suggestions and I think you are all right. So I started to do the suggested crop and instead decided to get creative. So here is what I came up with any thoughts???

3438746323232%7Ffp63%3Dot%3E2338%3D6%3A%3B%3D377%3DXROQDF%3E2323856787862ot1lsi

Eric