My 2nd (and better! lol) Panorama...

videotape74videotape74 Registered Users Posts: 39 Big grins
edited October 18, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is the second panorama I've shot....this one is composed of 4 shots. I went back to the same location and the light was a little better and I also brought along my tripod this time. The subject matter isn't that glorious but I'm just trying to get a handle on things.

I shot in Aperture Mode + RAW this time as well. I used my Rebel XSi + 18-55mm IS lens. I think this one turned out a little better than the first one. I also tweaked the colours etc. in Adobe CameraRAW this time.

So, here is it. C & C welcome. Thank you...

2950655982_0fd3d06213.jpg

larger:
http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/4143/2ndpanoramabigmv7.jpg
Nikon D200
Nikon 60mm f/2.8G ED AF-S Micro Nikkor
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D AF
Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5G ED-IF AF-S DX
Tamron 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 AF

Comments

• CatoCato Registered Users Posts: 287 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2008
    I like the fall colors.

It looks to me like the right 1/4 of the shot has a different exposure than the rest.
    http://catographer.smugmug.com/

Shooter on a shoestring.
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Where is that port-o-potty removal tool? Maybe PS CS6 :D

Nice shot. even with the lovely blue plastic structures.

Cheers,
    David

Cato wrote:
    I like the fall colors.

It looks to me like the right 1/4 of the shot has a different exposure than the rest.
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Where is that port-o-potty removal tool?

And trash cans...I think that's what they are.

Nonetheless...Great attempt!
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb
  • Digital IllusionsDigital Illusions Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    good job, one of the things i always look for in a panorama is; are the stitching seams visible. in this photo i could not see any problems in the trees but i did find 2 of the seams in the grass. what software did you stitch it with?

by the way, i have never seen so many trash cans in one spot of a park before. was there a litter problem at this place before? or maybe a big event/concert or something there? just curious.
    Brian C. Gailey, Owner / Operator
    Digital Illusions Photography & Design
    1764 Shawna Ct, Klamath Falls OR, 97603
    Email | Website | Blog | Facebook | MySpace |Newsletter | Subscribe

"The Race is long but in the end it is only with yourself" ~Unknown
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Cato wrote:
    I like the fall colors.

15524779-Ti.gif - I also like the fall colors here. Nice job. But, I actually see three exposure "zones" here, the left, middle, and right.

Technique -
    • Shoot RAW - just because :D
    • Select a white balance, anything except AWB. With AWB, the WB of any photo may be different from the others. This situation makes if very difficult to get them all looking right or the same.
    • Use manual settings. Determine the exposure you want to use. Set the ISO, aperture, and shutter speed and take the entire set at those settings.
    • Finally, it usually works better if you hold the camera in portrait orientation (vs. landscape orientation). It takes more exposures to get the coverage, but you get more data to play with and that will make for a better final product.
    • Overlap is important. The more overlap you have from one image to the next, the easier it will be to stitch them together. Thirty percent (30%) overlap is not too much.