Just looking for some feedback.

20669130-M.jpg

16023535-M.jpg

20668968-M.jpg

Thank you,

Comments

• PrezwoodzPrezwoodz Registered Users Posts: 1,147 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    i like the second shot. probably because i had thought of trying to get that shot but was unable! :)
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Solo shooting

Just looking for some feedback.

20669130-M.jpg

16023535-M.jpg

20668968-M.jpg

Thank you,
    Hi, Isaac
    I think all the photo's will fit the one subject for the contest.
    I also think you did a great job shooting all of them.thumb.gif
    Did you take all of them in the last few days?
    The photo for the contest has to be taken from the time the contest start upto the end of the contest.
    I like the flower & the statue the best.

Good Luck,
    Charles Cassidy,
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Love the Calla Lily!
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    I agree that the cala lily is gorgeous.

On this contest which I have no vested interest in, I am sick, tired, weary, and disgusted.

but I have a suggestion. it is so easy to go out and just take a photo of one thing, that it would have to be damn good.

the best bet, I think, is to follow andy's example (he must like it, he did it and displays it), and show "one" out of many, several.............something.

For instance. And hey, I don't have this photo either. But showing everyone dancing and one girl/boy sitting on the side looking sad..........old fashioned maybe, but it is what I just thought of.

That kind of thing. Or one person winning, but show the context.

Hahaha, since I can't even make the finals and don't want to go through that torture of constant motion again. And I really am sick (realize I need antibiotics, darn sinuses) and have a big thing at the church this weekend. I can criticize.

I do love the cala lily.

ginger (what do I know about the challenge theme, though? Just what I think, and my record is not too hot these days, so maybe I am just making it more complicated than it should be.)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2005
    Nice photos! I like the warm colors. I'm partial to the surfer statue though. :D

I recommend cropping a bit to take out the tree on the left but still keep enough sky to maintain the current feel. Also may want to level the horizon a bit.

Erich
  • Isaac DwyerIsaac Dwyer Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Feedback
    Thank you for your thoughts,

These pictures were taken about a week ago. I was going to re-shoot them for the contest but wanted to get some feedback on the originals.

Thank you.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Thank you for your thoughts,

These pictures were taken about a week ago. I was going to re-shoot them for the contest but wanted to get some feedback on the originals.

Thank you.
    I personally like the second shot.

Good luck trying to reshoot that one! Do perfect sunsets and lone birds hovering at just the right distance happen every evening where you live?rolleyes1.gif

mitch
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Mitchell wrote:
    I personally like the second shot.

Good luck trying to reshoot that one! Do perfect sunsets and lone birds hovering at just the right distance happen every evening where you live?rolleyes1.gif

mitch
    here they just about do, at least in the winter, haven't tried it since. That was Shem Creek. I got my perfect photo of the sunset, with two pelicans, IMO, and I have let it be. I can't be everywhere, choices, choices......

In fact, I have never been to the wetlands as it got more than early dusk, I plan on it. About a 1/2 hour before I leave, they are getting very active. Those are egrets and herons, and ducks, I guess.

Over the ocean, it would be riskier. But the pelicans, they follow the food. The sunsets can be different in the summer, but gorgeous all the same.

ginger (I like the cala lily) I have a flower, shot on Sunday. Could reshoot, but darn, I don't want to, and honestly, I don't think it is a perfect entry.
    And,as I keep saying, what do I know?

Just saw another one of my shots that is just like one I saw a few months ago on KPOTD. Mine is a year old. Never thought much about it. A chair and a dog, on kodak was the same chair and a cat. Same set up. Yes, the dog was as "interesting" as the cat.

Hey, we do know about the cat who walked alone, I may try that if I can shed this headache.

I swear, I do not know how to pick them for anything.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.