A few oak leaves

SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited October 19, 2008 in Landscapes
It had rained the day before. I caught them just after sunrise before they dried out.

mg6598fy2.jpg
RON

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    They look full of taste ! great colors
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Thanks Awais
    RON
  • midnight ridermidnight rider Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 122 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Great colors. You gotta love fall
    If you care more about the gear you use that the pictures you take, you have a problem:D
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Love the red thumb.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    "Ouch, my eyes!" mwink.gif

Ron, I understand your excitement, but, dude..

396919351_nMgHA-XL.jpg

HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited October 18, 2008
    Thanks everyone.

You don't like Zeiss colors Nik?
    RON
    edited October 18, 2008
    Schnauzer wrote:
    You don't like Zeiss colors Nik?
    Was it Sony? Or Sony-made sensor? I thought it looked familiar...mwink.gif
    edited October 19, 2008
    Am I missing something....I like this photo...whats wrong with it?
    edited October 19, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    Am I missing something....I like this photo...whats wrong with it?
    Nothing... except way blown out reds (as shown on the histogram). I had a few Sonies, they were very succeptable to this effect, hence it hit the nerve immediately...
    edited October 19, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nothing... except way blown out reds (as shown on the histogram). I had a few Sonies, they were very succeptable to this effect, hence it hit the nerve immediately...

Ok...I thought that's what you ment. Didn't know Sonies were succeptable to that. Very interesting. I do like the brightness of this photo tho. Looks so natural with the bright sun hitting the leaves on a nice sunny fall day :D
    edited October 19, 2008
    It was the 40D with a CZJ 35/2.4 lense Nik. I bought the 40D about three weeks after you got yours. Funny the histogram doesn't show the spike until I convert to sRGB. Before I convert it ends right down to nothing at the right side in DPP.

I did the shot over in light room and C1-4 this morning. I did it the same as I did DPP. I also did it over in DPP and came up with the same as before. I'm glad you pointed this out. When I convert to 8 bits then convert to profile I never look back at the histogram. Maybe I should. Actually I like DPPs red color best.

Light room.
    mg65982lrbm9.jpg

C1-4.1
    mg6598c14mp4.jpg
    RON
    edited October 19, 2008
    Schnauzer wrote:
    It was the 40D with a CZJ 35/2.4 lense Nik. I bought the 40D about three weeks after you got yours. Funny the histogram doesn't show the spike until I convert to sRGB. Before I convert it ends right down to nothing at the right side in DPP.

I did the shot over in light room and C1-4 this morning. I did it the same as I did DPP. I also did it over in DPP and came up with the same as before. I'm glad you pointed this out. When I convert to 8 bits then convert to profile I never look back at the histogram. Maybe I should. Actually I like DPPs red color best.
    Light room.

C1-4.1
    I see, thank you for the explanation, Ron! That's why I never fuss with all those funny colorspaces and work in sRGB from start to finish.
    Good job on last ones! thumb.gif