Chal "One", ginger

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited May 12, 2005 in The Dgrin Challenges
I plan to take a photo of the crescent moon next week, hopefully before the challenge ends.

I just want the photo, with a planet. I am watching the moon calendar, weather, etc. If I can't, my only other photographic plans other than birds is sunday (and that would be May Day at church: not a good entry, actually, IMO).

When I take it, I plan to enter it, so that will be my entry unless I stumble on something first.

I can't put it here to show you, I have not taken it, but just wanted you all to know............... I will enter it, when and if I take it.

I am not running around trying to be perfect again, but since I want this photo, anyway, I will enter it. Might as well.

ginger (It is pouring rain here..........am not messing with that either, and we don't have a car that can make it downtown in the rain. Mine drowns, stalls out, Bill's van is too big to park, and he panics and yells at me about everything. So, another thought, for someone, is to take ONE umbrella in a sea of wet people. Or one of one color in a sea of umbrellas, etc.)
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Night Falls: A Day Too Soon
    I was all set to enter this, for the time being, then I realized that I took it Sunday evening.:cry Shooting for the moon, I guess.

21387318-L.jpg
    edited May 9, 2005
    I entered this under one girl, one shoe...... on the challenge. Criticism will be tolerated. Comments appriciated. I had one of a bird, called Home Alone up there, but this just grabbed me. It is not a posed shot, I just saw her, she saw me and smiled. Two teeth missing. Would have been nice if it were only one.

21586142-L.jpg
    edited May 9, 2005
    21625931-L.jpg

Only One.......
    5/8/2005
    edited May 9, 2005
    Please, I would like a comment, I don't know if my shot is appropriate for the challenge. I know it is a good photo, just don't know "the rules" as usual.

I never did know the rules.rolleyes1.gif

g
    edited May 9, 2005
    Where can a bird go to be alone: the tallest tree, way above everything else, beats f
    21625928-L.jpg
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Love the first egret photo. Good catch, the little girl with one shoe off.
    edited May 9, 2005
    Thanks, Sandy. That first egret was taken about 6 hrs too early for the challenge.

It is a wall hanger, I agree. Smile, modestly.

The one of the girl with the shoe off, that was what I was hoping for: people, but I don't know if it is "right".

I think I would only know if I could get a shot just like Andy's, and we don't have anything like that around here.

ginger
  • judyfuessjudyfuess Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2005
    Hi Ginger,

I like the one of the girl with one shoe too. It is interesting that she is sitting there alone smiling. Everybody else seems to be in the background with their backs to you. Interesting picture, it tells a story of its own.

Not sure if this is possible... but would you be able to keep the girl in focus and add a blur to the people and the cars in the background? It might keep the distractions down.... just a thought.
    -judy
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    Ginger,

I agree with Judy and trying to blur out the background to make it less distracting. You may also try bringing down the highlights and boosting your shadows to balance the image a bit more. Also, may want to see what it looks like with a soft-focus.

Erich
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited May 10, 2005
    I like the little girl standing around looking up at all the adults. I just think its sweet. Sure the lighting and could have been better.. a lot of her face is in shadow. The only other thing is that I wish all the people were standing or that there were more of them. But I like that little girl one more for the challenge than the two teeth missing girl. But keep it up Ginger.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • digital faeriedigital faerie Registered Users Posts: 667 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2005
    I really can't wait for your moon. I want to take shots of the moon so bad it's ridiculous, I probably don't have the proper equipment for it though. :)
    edited May 11, 2005
    My moon is supposed to have a star, but it doesn't. I have insect repellant in my throat.

Anyway, if you want to do the moon, you can. I will keep trying, too. This is the first night I saw it. Last night I forgot. Tonight I am sweating, tired, and whatever, but no star. I am going to e-mail the newspaper. The moon sets here in about an hour.

remember, I didn't do well last time, and I had the photo of my dreams, so I wouldn't count on my moon. We could all shoot the moon, so to speak

After that last challenge, and all the other stuff I had going on, I knew why movie stars went away to "rest". I am never, ever, trying to please for a challenge like that again. I pretty much know I am a good photographer by now, I can see and I like it, ne_nau.gif . If I am chasing the challenge, I am not chasing something else. If the photo comes, it will come. I am not chasing it.

I can't be everywhere at once.

I don't care if someone copies my idea, my rendering of it would be different than yours.

How does the moon look in Boone?

g
    edited May 11, 2005
    I like the little girl standing around looking up at all the adults. I just think its sweet. Sure the lighting and could have been better.. a lot of her face is in shadow. The only other thing is that I wish all the people were standing or that there were more of them. But I like that little girl one more for the challenge than the two teeth missing girl. But keep it up Ginger.
    Ashley
    Hi, egg. I like to shoot kids like that, dogs, too.

They are so short, they must have a different perspective of the world that I don't remember. When you are "one", you think that is the normal way to be, I would imagine. I guess I wish she were wearing a different dress.

On the other one, I shot alot that day that were backlit. The alternative was a less attractive background. When I do that, I don't like the make them the same, I like to leave the darker, dark, etc. Of course, others may not like it, etc. I did blur one in the background. I don't like a heavy blur anymore. I like to darken the background to make it less noticeable. That background would not do that.

g
    edited May 12, 2005
    Ashley
    I don't know if I want to enter at all.

Right now I have a favorite up there, there are lots of good ones. But if I do, I will change it to the little girl.

Unless I can get a star with the moon.

ginger (the only thing that makes me feel better is when most of my favorites don't make the finals either. I am really a baaaad person sometimes.)

What makes me sick, kind of, is that I could have taken my favorite, too. I just didn't do it...............can't be everywhere.