Options

"proof" watermark won't go away

GraydonGraydon Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited October 19, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've checked, double checked and even waited a couple of days to make sure it wasn't just a "time" issue... but the "proof" watermark is still sitting on some of my private galleries.

First - most of the photos were loaded using the handy-dandy 3rd party loader... and selected to use a watermark.

Second - when the files were loaded, all of the galleries showed the "proof" watermark instead of picking up the default watermark I've set for my account.

Third - I went and customized one gallery with everything I wanted (using correct watermark), saved it in the preferences and then bulk applied it to all of the galleries I wanted.

Fourth - The watermark changed on some of the galleries... NOT all, just some.

Fifth - Decided I didn't want to watermark this group of images... deleted the old "gallery customization template" and made a new one with the changes I wanted... including the NO WATERMARK... and then bulk applied it.

Sixth - waited and checked... again, it worked on some galleries and not on others.

Seventh - have searched help / forum and such and found an option for within the gallery to remove the watermark from the image (not in gallery customization)... and that seems to work.

Finally - I need the watermark removed... so I'll go through and manually do this... but, I really don't want to have to deal with this in the future. Is there something else going on that I'm missing? Is there a bug?

Any thing I missed?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    Can we have the gallery link :D
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2008
    gallery links
    sorry about forgetting the links...

1 - http://marlincreek.smugmug.com/gallery/5858855_t9CbR#363712187_q2ztr

this one has the original watermark still on it (thought that these had gone away, but I was wrong)

2 - http://marlincreek.smugmug.com/gallery/5864563_pFFFt#364156095_BCNbj

this one has the "proof" still on it

feel free to browse around the other galleries within that category for other samples.

I'll assume that you can access the galleries from the backend without me posting the password. (?)
  • Options
    edited October 18, 2008
    Graydon wrote:
    sorry about forgetting the links...

1 - http://marlincreek.smugmug.com/gallery/5858855_t9CbR#363712187_q2ztr

this one has the original watermark still on it (thought that these had gone away, but I was wrong)

2 - http://marlincreek.smugmug.com/gallery/5864563_pFFFt#364156095_BCNbj

this one has the "proof" still on it

feel free to browse around the other galleries within that category for other samples.

I'll assume that you can access the galleries from the backend without me posting the password. (?)

http://marlincreek.smugmug.com/gallery/5864563_pFFFt#364156095_BCNbj better?

Photo Tools>Watermarking>Select All>choose your new watermark and apply it.
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2008
    Andy,

I appreciate the fast responses... but I want the water marks gone completely on all of the galleries under the Soccer category. Sorry if I wasn't more clear on that in the original post (item 5 / fifth).

Also, I should have been more clear... I had seen...

Photo Tools>Watermarking>Select All>Remove ...

And while I don't want to do each gallery individually, I will if needed.

I'm more interested in why the watermarks are still there when:
    - I've batched applied a template that doesn't have that selected
    - The watermarking option in the customize gallery page says No already.

Again, thanks for the quick response and sorry I wasn't more clear on the front-end.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Graydon wrote:
    Andy,

I appreciate the fast responses... but I want the water marks gone completely on all of the galleries under the Soccer category. Sorry if I wasn't more clear on that in the original post (item 5 / fifth).

Also, I should have been more clear... I had seen...

Photo Tools>Watermarking>Select All>Remove ...

And while I don't want to do each gallery individually, I will if needed.

I'm more interested in why the watermarks are still there when:
    - I've batched applied a template that doesn't have that selected
    - The watermarking option in the customize gallery page says No already.

Again, thanks for the quick response and sorry I wasn't more clear on the front-end.

Though sometimes I'm not sure he actually sleeps, Andy may have knocked off for the night so I'll chime in here.

Changing the gallery settings for watermarks (whether through apply a saved setting template or customize gallery) only affects newly uploaded images in that gallery. It does not affect the existing images. You have to use Photo Tools in each gallery to change the watermarks on the existing images.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Though sometimes I'm not sure he actually sleeps, Andy may have knocked off for the night so I'll chime in here.

lol3.gif too true :D Thanks John!
  • Options
    edited October 19, 2008
    ahhh... that's why
    OK, now I get it... the watermarking thing at least.

Take care now and have a great rest of the weekend.