any help would be apprieciated

ambianceambiance Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited October 19, 2008 in People
I am new here just a day but I find this forum very immformative. I shot these of my daughter last week I love to know what you think good and bad and what I can do to make them better thx391797364_coMav-XL.jpg391809804_nVs8u-XL.jpg391822428_nTqKG-XL.jpg396288073_yTHYF-XL.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    The 90 degree rotation on #1 doesn't work

#2 - this is cute. The knee, though it's out of focus, seems to dominate it a bit. And that's very hard considering just how cute your model is.

The last one: This is probably the best of the bunch (and they are all cute), but the vignette is a little strong for my taste. It also seems to be a little soft in the eyes - like it was focused on the flower of her dress rather than on her eyes.
  • JMPJMP Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Narrower depth of field... meaning faster shutter speed/bigger aperture so that rich grass in the background soften a little, and always aim to the eyes... it doesnt matter if the hands are out of focus, unless they are 'telling' something!
    i know for a portrait using zoom its kind of a rule, but not sure if you used too much... they all look flattish, ah one more thing, do not compose in the camera, take as much information as you can, later you crop and stuff in a computer...
    thats what i think i also would like to know if im wrong!

Cheers!

P.S. the second one is my favorite!
    Canon 40D
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    What a gorgeous smile and eyes!! :)

I think they're all really cute.

#1 - I agree with what's been said about the angle. A bit too much. I'd like to see the crop not so tight as well.

#2 - Love her pose and that she has that dandilion in her hand. It doesn't matter how many times you tell them the dandilions are weeds, they still bring you a big bouquet of them. :) I don't mind the knee so much, maybe because that's where the dandilion is and seeing the dandilion brought up memories of kids and that darn yellow 'flower'. I know...not the most technical of feedback, but I think the photo captures the fact that she's just a little girl doing little girl stuff.

#3 - Love her smile. I think maybe it needs some light and it would be nice if the background could have a little more blur as was mentioned previously.

#4 - Like this pose a lot. Is her dress pufffed up a bit on her hip though? I think I'd like to see her either all on the pavement or all on the grass in that pose.

I'm still learning tons from everyone here, so I think my comments are probably only worth about half a cent. :)

Thanks for sharing these with us.

-- Lisa P.
  • ambianceambiance Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    daughter
    well ive only had time to work on 2 of them so far is this better i blured little more gave her some more light and i recroped the knee out as much as possible
    397995415_2iTY7-L-1.jpg
    398053595_AjurU-L-1.jpg