Options

Mac OS 10.4 Tiger and Epson 2200 printer problem fix.

patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
edited May 5, 2005 in Digital Darkroom
I upgraded the other day to Tiger and tried printing with my 2200, simple word docs were fine, but with Photoshop and some color management everything went haywire. I was getting some very weird green haloing in the shadow transition areas. All was not well, then this morning I was getting this message

21315082-M.jpg

Trying the recommendation in the window did not help, so after some searching and working with a friend (who has the same OS, PS version and printer, that is working fine) I found some info on macfixit.com, from what I can tell the Epson drivers installed with the 10.4 upgrade are from GIMP print :dunno but they do not seem to like that I am printing with matte black and not photo black. The recommendation is to install the appropriate driver from Epson, of course Epson does not have a 10.4 driver :rolleyes so since my printer does not work with PS I downloaded the latest for 10.3. I installed it and everything works great. :clap

My prints are looking good once again, bottom line, install the driver from Epson for you printer (at least for the 2200 with matte black) and they also have icc profiles for their paper/printer combos for download, at least for the 2200.

I wanted to pass this along for others who may have the same problem.