Old Barn - Autumn Colors

RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
edited October 20, 2008 in Landscapes
Ventured down to Richland County Ohio and got this photo of an old barn. Also visited Mt Jeez Overlook (yeah Mt Jeez :dunno ) and got some fall color shots:

397090665_poPne-L.jpg

Shot from Mt. Jeez
397082277_u9iYP-L.jpg

More photos here:

Mt Jeez photos

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    These are very pretty and colorful. I especially like #1!
  • CatoCato Registered Users Posts: 287 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    #1 is thumb.gif

Maybe if you get a chance, shoot it again with the barn toward the left of the frame, so we can see more of the foliage, too. There's an intriguing shadow in the lower-right corner.
    http://catographer.smugmug.com/

Shooter on a shoestring.
  • ritewingerritewinger Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    What Cato said, I still think these are very nice to view, the colors just pop. clap.gif
  • RonD200RonD200 Registered Users Posts: 350 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Thanks everyone for your comments and suggestions, I would of liked to have gotten a couple of different views of the barn but it was on private property so I stayed mostly on the country road. ( Ok, I did run onto the property to take a few quick shots, but didn't get anything I liked)

A fellow photographer that was with me said a lady came out of her house and asked him what we were taking photos of that was so interesting, when he told her the old barn she just shook her head and went back into the house!!!:D
  • jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Cool! thumb.gif Love the first shot, and the colors are fantastic.

James
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    RonD200 wrote:
    A fellow photographer that was with me said a lady came out of her house and asked him what we were taking photos of that was so interesting, when he told her the old barn she just shook her head and went back into the house!!!:D

lol3.gif

I find this happens quite a lot, but it's one of the best things about being into photography. So many people just don't get it, but as long as you're moved by the scene to capture it, who really cares?