Customer Coupons

VinnyC01VinnyC01 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited November 14, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I would like to offer (1) repeat customers, (2) a certain client and (3) orders over - say - $100 a discount.

Is there a way to produce a PROMOTION CODE to give to these clients?

-- OR --

Is there a Buy 3, get one free option? (* or something like that *)

Thanks!

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Not yet but we're planning on having them soon, I hope :D

Stay tuned
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 20, 2008
    this is a good idea, can't wait AAA.gif
  • NorthernHorseNorthernHorse Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Stay tuned

I would really love to have this feature.....I would like to reward my motocross clients for their loyalty.
    Lara Poirrier
    Fairbanks, Alaska SMUG Leader
    My Site | Fairbanks SMUG | Facebook | Twitter
  • shutterdaveshutterdave Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited October 23, 2008
    What if
    What if the person/client emailed you the name of pictures they would like and then you created special galleries with password, of what the person/client wants.

Or if you like, send then a email stating you purchased "x" picture so here
    are a few more at a discount price.

And you could put a time limited on the discounted gallery and then delete the gallery.
    Or have a discount of the month gallery

ETC ....

The following galleries could be templates with pricing already setup,
    and then just copy the pricing to the new gallery.

EX: 1
    Gallery (1) repeat customers, a certain discount
    Gallery (2) a certain client, a certain discount
    Gallery (3) orders over - say - $100 a discount, a certain discount

EX: 2
    Gallery (1) 10% off
    Gallery (2) 20% off
    Gallery (3) 30% off

Just a thought.
  • polymechmanpolymechman Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Andy wrote:

Stay tuned

Andy - could you please talk with your team and give us an idea of the likelihood/time frame for this feature? It is keeping some of us (me) from fully committing to this site for the long run. It's one of those features necessary for a fully functional shopping cart...

How difficult is the implementation, and where does it fall in terms of priority?
  • mbellotmbellot Registered Users Posts: 465 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Andy - could you please talk with your team and give us an idea of the likelihood/time frame for this feature? It is keeping some of us (me) from fully committing to this site for the long run. It's one of those features necessary for a fully functional shopping cart...

How difficult is the implementation, and where does it fall in terms of priority?

I'm not Andy so I can't give you a timeline, but I can tell you I've been waiting on the same thing since I signed up in May of 2007.

I have no doubt it will happen, I've just stopped holding my breath waiting for it.
  • mleemlee Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Same here - I've been waiting for this since I signed up almost two years ago.

This and a pro lab option.

I know we'll eventually have both, but when?
  • VinnyC01VinnyC01 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited November 3, 2008
    What if the person/client emailed you the name of pictures they would like and then you created special galleries with password, of what the person/client wants.

Or if you like, send then a email stating you purchased "x" picture so here
    are a few more at a discount price.

And you could put a time limited on the discounted gallery and then delete the gallery.
    Or have a discount of the month gallery

ETC ....

The following galleries could be templates with pricing already setup,
    and then just copy the pricing to the new gallery.

EX: 1
    Gallery (1) repeat customers, a certain discount
    Gallery (2) a certain client, a certain discount
    Gallery (3) orders over - say - $100 a discount, a certain discount

EX: 2
    Gallery (1) 10% off
    Gallery (2) 20% off
    Gallery (3) 30% off

Just a thought.

That is exactly what I have been doing, but again, we're talking about time. More intection with a client, where my clients like to click and buy.

I have actually taken out photos of their player and made a gallery for them only. But i also feel that a team disount would promote more sales.

THANKS! LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS!!!clap.gif
  • timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 3, 2008
    Yawn
    I know Andy at times must feel like the White House press secretary. Always speaking for the man, but never really giving any details. Just part of the job. Really, this is getting to be an issue on the apparent lack of progress, but after trying Zenfolio, I am not ready to leave Smugmug over this issue. But if the other sites can step up their game a bit, our only recourse will be to vote with our wallets on what the important issues are. I love the look and feel of Smugmug, but still waiting for the coupons, packages and self-fulfillment/lab choices issues to be resolved.
    edited November 3, 2008
    I know Andy at times must feel like the White House press secretary. Always speaking for the man, but never really giving any details. Just part of the job. Really, this is getting to be an issue on the apparent lack of progress, but after trying Zenfolio, I am not ready to leave Smugmug over this issue. But if the other sites can step up their game a bit, our only recourse will be to vote with our wallets on what the important issues are. I love the look and feel of Smugmug, but still waiting for the coupons, packages and self-fulfillment/lab choices issues to be resolved.
    I know, It sucks to hear me, Baldy, others say it over and over again.. and we know you can vote with your wallets.

We are working as hard and fast as we can on this - including redirecting a sorcerer full-time on this effort.

Coupons are hugely important to us and we intend to have them. I'm sorry it takes us so long sometimes for certain things, and then other things just happen :) Keep in mind, we're bootstrapped, self-funded, and we're 40 people doing the work of 120.

We'll get there, we promise - and thank you, and everyone, for your patience - I know we're testing the limits of it, too!
  • polymechmanpolymechman Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited November 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    I know, It sucks to hear me, Baldy, others say it over and over again.. and we know you can vote with your wallets.

We are working as hard and fast as we can on this - including redirecting a sorcerer full-time on this effort.

Coupons are hugely important to us and we intend to have them. I'm sorry it takes us so long sometimes for certain things, and then other things just happen :) Keep in mind, we're bootstrapped, self-funded, and we're 40 people doing the work of 120.

We'll get there, we promise - and thank you, and everyone, for your patience - I know we're testing the limits of it, too!

Andy - Please give some thought to addressing my (our) request for more details and a time line. It's simple business planning from where I stand, and the vague nature of your reply only adds to our frustration. Please, give a shot at getting some real dates. Even if they were 6 months out, a track record of promising and delivering would satiate much of our hunger.

How 'bout it? mwink.gif
    edited November 4, 2008
    a track record of promising and delivering would satiate much of our hunger.
    We have this. I'm not gonna give a date, sorry - there are things that could cause a date to slip that could be beyond our control or we could change up priorities.

These ARE HUGELY important to us, so important that we have fulltime, senior sorcerer on them. And he's doing nothing but coupons.

Hang tight.
  • ShamguessShamguess Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    Just speculating here....
    Even if Andy is not able to give us an estimated date for coupons, Smugmug must have an internal due date for the project. The only "company" I know of that would assign an individual to a project without giving them a due date for completion is the federal government and I'm pretty sure Smugmug can't afford to operate that way. I am guessing that if Smugmug truely does have a full time senior programer working on this, then the results must be near.
    Lets hope because I know it will increase my business.
  • timganglofftimgangloff Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited November 6, 2008
    too busy with other (&(&^_!@#$! Stuff
    Got a email today about new iphone stuff. yippeee. (Lot's of Sarcasm intended) So, where are your priorities?

eotag your photos and send them online with SmugShot.

Show your friends what they're missing in seconds.
    And where they're missing it.
    "I was there!"

SmugShot embeds your location in your photos as you take them, and SmugMug spots them on Google Maps<sup style="font-size: 9px;">TM</sup>.
    So your friends can experience deep pangs of jealousy.
    iphone.jpgYour photos look better here.

The iPhone camera is surprisingly good. See your photos BIG in gorgeous galleries with silky-smooth, full-screen slideshows at SmugMug.
    Or, browse your SmugMug galleries on your iPhone. SmugMug knows when you're browsing with an iPhone and serves up a deliciously beautiful iPhone interface.
    spacer.gif It's free.

And easy. Fetch SmugShot from the iPhone App Store.
    It works with any iPhone.

SmugShot can still determine your location if you own an older iPhone.
    Questions? Answers!

Andy wrote:
    We have this. I'm not gonna give a date, sorry - there are things that could cause a date to slip that could be beyond our control or we could change up priorities.

These ARE HUGELY important to us, so important that we have fulltime, senior sorcerer on them. And he's doing nothing but coupons.

Hang tight.
    edited November 7, 2008
    Got a email today about new iphone stuff. yippeee. (Lot's of Sarcasm intended)

I got the same email, and as someone who has repeatedly asked to have the option to turn off "my" iphone interface I share in your joy. rolleyes1.gif
    So, where are your priorities?

Rhetorical question, right?
    edited November 7, 2008
    Got a email today about new iphone stuff. yippeee.
    Actually that was done and released on August 4th, but we never sent out the email to our customers who subscribe to the updates to our news.

http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/2008/08/04/smugshot-and-more-august-4th-2008/

sorry! Coupons are still being worked on (totally different Sorcerers, by the way :D )
  • mike.strockmike.strock Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    mbellot wrote:
    I got the same email, and as someone who has repeatedly asked to have the option to turn off "my" iphone interface I share in your joy. rolleyes1.gif

Rhetorical question, right?

In Andy's defense, as if he needs any defense at this point, I work in the software industry. You don't give dates for releases, unless you are Microsoft. Then, you take five years PAST your release date to actually release a product.

As much as I want to see coupons, packages, etc, I want it to work when it comes out. If it takes a bit of extra time to get it right before they release it, so be it. They (Andy, Baldy and the rest) understand our frustration.

I can 100% guarantee you, however, that if they had a half-assed implementation and they released it because "everyone wants it now", people would bitch higher and mightier than if they waited until it worked correctly.

I'm not saying that this is the state that they are in, but I do understand their perspective in not releasing / mentioning timeframes for release.

Flame me if you wants, that's OK. I have thick skin. I'm a tech support manager. I'm used to it.

But I also believe with my heart and wallet that Smugmug will deliver a quality product. Quality takes time, especially when you are a small team.

Just my 2 cents.

Mike.
  • MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited November 7, 2008
    I want things like coupons and volume discount as well, but I'm really happy with the quality of the site, the flexibility, and the check at the beginning of each month. :D

Until we get such features, it's fairly easy to set up a separate, unlisted gallery for volume or repeat customers holding their images and lower pricing, and send them the link. It's a heck of a lot easier than slaving over a hot monitor and printer and making multiple trips to the FedEx-Office store. I can take the time to set up a private gallery, and let the SmugMug gnomes do the dirty work. :ivar
    edited November 7, 2008
    You don't give dates for releases, unless you are Microsoft. Then, you take five years PAST your release date to actually release a product.
    And five years past that to get anywhere near stable.
    As much as I want to see coupons, packages, etc, I want it to work when it comes out. If it takes a bit of extra time to get it right before they release it, so be it. They (Andy, Baldy and the rest) understand our frustration.

I can 100% guarantee you, however, that if they had a half-assed implementation and they released it because "everyone wants it now", people would bitch higher and mightier than if they waited until it worked correctly.

I'm not saying that this is the state that they are in, but I do understand their perspective in not releasing / mentioning timeframes for release.
    I think (in my case anyway, and others from what I've read) the frustration stems from being regularly told that "its important", or that "its a priority" or "real soon" for at least the last 18 months, coupled with the fact that there are features being released that (AFAIK) nobody ever even asked for, such as the stripped down iPhone interface that ignores all CSS customization that can't be disabled.

But I also believe with my heart and wallet that Smugmug will deliver a quality product. Quality takes time, especially when you are a small team.
    I've worked for small companies for over two decades, so I understand the quality ethic that typically thrives in such an environment. My heart wants to believe, but my wallet isn't so sure anymore.
    edited November 7, 2008
    mbellot wrote:
    there are features being released that (AFAIK) nobody ever even asked for, such as the stripped down iPhone interface
    Baldy wrote:
    The iPhone app came out awhile ago but our email announcing it was a couple of months late. In the meantime, there have been quite a few new features and several getting close that are just for pros. Just fyi, the iPhone app is the most popular feature we've ever done wrt sales, which is helping us expand the team to provide more features, so I think your pro account will be helped an not robbed by this.

All the best,
    Baldy

Pretty important deal.gif
  • brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2008
    Aaacckk!! I'm doing my portrait pricing for 2009 and I would like to be able to offer "$50 of your session fee goes towards print purchases"

I can't do a seamless integreation without coupons.

:deadhorse

Andy wrote: