If only it were in focus.....

fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
edited October 23, 2008 in People
Playing with my flash on an overcast day yesterday here in Indy. My 3 year old "playing football" in the front yard. This is the bulk of his Halloween costume.

Comments

• BlueHoseJacketBlueHoseJacket Registered Users Posts: 509 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Are you going to let him go out in public with that on?:D Just kidding.

Too bad that is not in focus...that would be a great shot...one to hang on his bedroom wall.
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Maybe just do some PS sharpening? You can go nuts since there aren't faces in the photo imo. Here's a quick version...just so you get the idea.ne_nau.gif
    398195615_rfH5d-L.jpg
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Very cute shot! Oh to have little ones again! The focus thing can be fixed a bit or you could maybe change it to black and white to give it the classic look and the focus won't matter much. If you bump the contrast a little and use vanilla black and white or robin's conversion from atncentral.com it would be really nice. I would also crop him off center. The mailbox is a bit of a distraction for me. Lucky you you have so many more years of taking pictures of the little guy!:ivar
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • fire1035fire1035 Registered Users Posts: 208 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Are you going to let him go out in public with that on?:D Just kidding.
    quote]

Of course! Halloween is supposed to be scary right? :D
    edited October 22, 2008
    Paulcao wrote:
    Maybe just do some PS sharpening? You can go nuts since there aren't faces in the photo imo. Here's a quick version...just so you get the idea.ne_nau.gif
    398195615_rfH5d-L.jpg

That is 100 times better. Unfortunately I have no idea what I am doing in photoshop. I would like to try it on the original image and see what I can do to sharpen it.
    edited October 22, 2008
    Very cute shot! Oh to have little ones again! The focus thing can be fixed a bit or you could maybe change it to black and white to give it the classic look and the focus won't matter much. If you bump the contrast a little and use vanilla black and white or robin's conversion from atncentral.com it would be really nice. I would also crop him off center. The mailbox is a bit of a distraction for me. Lucky you you have so many more years of taking pictures of the little guy!:ivar

First and foremost thank you for the service you provide for your program. In my work that is something that is near to my heart.

See my last post as to what I am able to accomplish in photoshop. I agree on the crop though. Unfortunately that mailbox is immovable now that I've concreted it in. Otherwise I'd just take it out when we play in the yard. rolleyes1.gif Other than resizing the image I did not touch it before posting it.

Thanks everybody!
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    fire1035 wrote:
    That is 100 times better. Unfortunately I have no idea what I am doing in photoshop. I would like to try it on the original image and see what I can do to sharpen it.

What I did was very fast.

Filter-> Sharpen -> Unsharp Mask

Then just slide the adjustments to taste.thumb.gif