Morning At the Lake.colorized.IR

PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
edited October 22, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Howdy All,

A colorized Version of the morning at the Lake.

104774847.jpg

Thanks for looking, Shot with Modded D70S
Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2008
    Very nice Craig. I like this even better than the non-colorized version. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Hi Craig,

I'm with Jack on this one. I prefer the colorized version.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • b8264db8264d Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    +3 This is spectaular in color!
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Very nice Craig. I like this even better than the non-colorized version. thumb.gif

Howdy Jack,

Thanks very much, I like this one better, shows the water's color.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 21, 2008
    Hi Craig,

I'm with Jack on this one. I prefer the colorized version.

Tom

Thanks Tom!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited October 21, 2008
    b8264d wrote:
    +3 This is spectaular in color!

Thanks!!!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    This is a good IR conversion, but the composition is a bit flat for me. I'm not sure what to look at. The bushes peeking in on the right are distracting. The horizon is tilted to the left (I think). What's that white spot in the bottom right? Sorry, but I just don't find the image to be all that interesting. The IR doesn't add anything special.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited October 21, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    This is a good IR conversion, but the composition is a bit flat for me. I'm not sure what to look at. The bushes peeking in on the right are distracting. The horizon is tilted to the left (I think). What's that white spot in the bottom right? Sorry, but I just don't find the image to be all that interesting. The IR doesn't add anything special.

Howdy Jeff,

Thanks for your reply and thoughts, and I guess it makes me wonder if you didn't care for anything about this image, why you even wasted your time with your comments.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy All,

A colorized Version of the morning at the Lake.

Thanks for looking, Shot with Modded D70S

Hi Craig, finally back onboard the forum since my trip.
    That is a very nice shade of blue you've used in your shot for the sky and reflection in the water....... works really well.

Nicely Done! thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Jeff,

Thanks for your reply and thoughts, and I guess it makes me wonder if you didn't care for anything about this image, why you even wasted your time with your comments.

Well, I'm sorry that my comment came across the wrong way. Forgive me for writing so quickly and bluntly. I don't think critiques are a waste of time. I wish others would engage in constructive critiques a bit more on this and other forums. When I comment on a image, even to say "nice" or "good," I mean it. When I take the time to write a critique my intent is not to poke a stick in your eye but to get you too look at the image from another perspective. For example, perhaps you have another version of that shot that is framed differently. A constructive criticism might get you to look over your captures and see if there's a better one. There's all sorts of things you can do to improve the shot.

When people critique my shots, I try not to take it personally. I try to see the problems with the image from their point of view. In the end, I may not agree with them. That's fine. We don't all see things the same way.

Thank you!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
    edited October 22, 2008
    Thanks for your reply, your last comment pretty much sums up my thought on it.

Your statement of
    "Sorry, but I just don't find the image to be all that interesting. The IR doesn't add anything special." Is why I made the comment on why did you even respond, if you didn't care for the image, no reply was needed in my book.

jeffmeyers wrote:
    Well, I'm sorry that my comment came across the wrong way. Forgive me for writing so quickly and bluntly. I don't think critiques are a waste of time. I wish others would engage in constructive critiques a bit more on this and other forums. When I comment on a image, even to say "nice" or "good," I mean it. When I take the time to write a critique my intent is not to poke a stick in your eye but to get you too look at the image from another perspective. For example, perhaps you have another version of that shot that is framed differently. A constructive criticism might get you to look over your captures and see if there's a better one. There's all sorts of things you can do to improve the shot.

When people critique my shots, I try not to take it personally. I try to see the problems with the image from their point of view. In the end, I may not agree with them. That's fine. We don't all see things the same way.

Thank you!
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas