After Dark

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited October 22, 2008 in People
After dark she wanted a few more. Everything was already set up outside from earlier so we tried a few with a flash light for focus. This is the end of her day of picture taking ...

She liked these next three but I am not liking the lighting. I don't like the stripe on her face. Your thoughts on them?

DSC08822copy.jpg

DSC08824copy.jpg

DSC08826copy.jpg

She wanted some with bandana and sunglasses so here is our result.

DSC08851.jpg

DSC08855copy.jpg

DSC08864_ppcopy.jpg

And lastly, the tattoo.

Maybe out in a field in the country just her and the moon?

DSC08882copy.jpg

DSC08885-1copy.jpg
LadyTX

Comments

• mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    I like 3,6,and 8 bettter than 7 not becouse its B/W put that moon thing was not working
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    I like number 3 and I agree with you about the shadow on her face which is more apparent on 1 & 2.

I can sense you werent too enamoured with the scarf and glasses idea and I can't blame you. The lighting is so good and in 4 and 5 the red of the scarf pops so nice though. I dont like the glasses and would prefer to see her eyes.

I love your treatment on 8 and agree that it's best without the moon in the shot. Very convenient tattoo which adds a little spice to the photo--almost a bit of a tribal or goddess feel to it, huh? Are you able to put back the left arm?
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    mayassa wrote:
    I like 3,6,and 8 bettter than 7 not becouse its B/W put that moon thing was not working

Thank you for looking and giving your critique. Appreciated.
    LadyTX
    edited October 21, 2008
    afev0602 wrote:
    I like number 3 and I agree with you about the shadow on her face which is more apparent on 1 & 2.

I can sense you werent too enamoured with the scarf and glasses idea and I can't blame you. The lighting is so good and in 4 and 5 the red of the scarf pops so nice though. I dont like the glasses and would prefer to see her eyes.

I love your treatment on 8 and agree that it's best without the moon in the shot. Very convenient tattoo which adds a little spice to the photo--almost a bit of a tribal or goddess feel to it, huh? Are you able to put back the left arm?

Thanks very much for looking and leaving your critique. Nope, that arm won't come back. It's lost in the sea of blackness ..:D
    LadyTX
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    1-3 are a little too cool. I have pulled your number 1 and made some adjustments (exposure, hair, skin tones, removed hair shadows, etc.) if you would like, with your permission, I will post the post processing here.

7 feet are cut off

8 My favorite...nice use of shadows and tones.

Hope this helps.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    edited October 21, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    1-3 are a little too cool. I have pulled your number 1 and made some adjustments (exposure, hair, skin tones, removed hair shadows, etc.) if you would like, with your permission, I will post the post processing here.

7 feet are cut off

8 My favorite...nice use of shadows and tones.

Hope this helps.

It is fine with me to post your changes.
    LadyTX
    edited October 21, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    It is fine with me to post your changes.

Photograph as originally posted.
    399304169_tqtaY-M.jpg

My adjustments in CS3. Hair, face, shadows, skin, smoothing and tone adj.
    399304134_c3dHC-M.jpg

Big difference. Aren't digital darkrooms great. Hope this helps you see what can be done, even with a jpeg.

Ed
  • mayassamayassa Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    399304169_tqtaY-M.jpg

399304134_c3dHC-M.jpg

Big difference. Aren't digital darkrooms great. Hope this helps you see what can be done, even with a jpeg.

Wow nice work!
    You can use my Smug Mug coupon a0rrvSicVVqE2

Rick-Matassa.smugmug.com/
    edited October 22, 2008
    mayassa wrote:
    Wow nice work!

Thanks.

Ed
    edited October 22, 2008
    Ed911 wrote:
    399304169_tqtaY-M.jpg

399304134_c3dHC-M.jpg

Thanks for the re-do Ed. Not too sure about the tone adj on my monitor but liking the rest of it. Would you please explain in detail what you did for the removing the shadows and the smoothing, etc?
    LadyTX