Options

How do I reduce this gif...

KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
edited May 6, 2005 in Dgrin Forum Support
so I may use it as my avatar? It's current size is 171 x 165...
2043505-M.gif

I have tried reducing the pixel size to 80 x 80, but I end up loosing the animation feature, as displayed in my current avatar. Your help is greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Kirwin

Comments

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,186 moderator
    edited May 5, 2005
    Hmmmmmmmm
    Kirwin wrote:
    so I may use it as my avatar? It's current size is 171 x 165...
    2043505-M.gif

I have tried reducing the pixel size to 80 x 80, but I end up loosing the animation feature, as displayed in my current avatar. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    If you have an animation program (I use Jasc Animation Shop), you can export each frame of the animation to a photo editor and resize each (one frame at a time), and then export them back to the animation program, assemble, and re-save to new animated GIF file.

But.... my guess is there's probably an animation program out there that includes a function to do that automatically. I just don't know what program that might be.

Anyone know of another way to do this?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    What I said above - scratch that!

Apparently, there is a very handy "Resize Animation" funtion in Animation Shop. 11doh.gif

Here it is at 80x77 at about 11K (new version)...

dogsmall_anim.gif
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Thanks David!!!:D I'm one extremely happy dog! biggrinbounce2.gifbiggrinbounce2.gifbiggrinbounce2.gifbiggrinbounce2.gifbiggrinbounce2.gif Thanks again for your help!clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Hi David,

Back again... after an unsuccessful attempt to load the avatar in the control panel.:cry Unfortunately it would not allow the transfer because the file size is greater than 20,000. I don't have an animation program, and was hoping you could tweak it just a tad smaller so that the total file size does not exceed 19.5. If you can do this, I would be most grateful.
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Ooops, forgot about the filesize limitation. See a few posts above - I have edited my posting to include a revised animation. The quality has been reduced to make it 11K. You might need to refresh the page to see the new file. Hopefully, this version will work for the DGrin upload.

Kirwin wrote:
    Hi David,

Back again... after an unsuccessful attempt to load the avatar in the control panel.:cry Unfortunately it would not allow the transfer because the file size is greater than 20,000. I don't have an animation program, and was hoping you could tweak it just a tad smaller so that the total file size does not exceed 19.5. If you can do this, I would be most grateful.
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Again... Thank you so very much! Congrats on your new position at DGrin... you have definitely earned your "stripes" today!!:D Just for fun...Here's a shot of my dog Skip!

18800567-M.jpg
    Regards,
    Kirwin
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2005
    Skippy's a cute doggie!

Kirwin wrote:
    Again... Thank you so very much! Congrats on your new position at DGrin... you have definitely earned your "stripes" today!!:D Just for fun...Here's a shot of my dog Skip!

18800567-M.jpg
    Thanks! Now I only wish I could turn those "stripes" into that red stripe on the front of Canon L glass rolleyes1.gif
    My Smugmug
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2005
    Hi Kirwin! wave.gif

welcome! love your doggie avatar.. glad you got it the right size. clap.gif