On the banks of Montreal - Susnset

xendless xurbiaxendless xurbia Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited October 20, 2008 in Landscapes
7 shot HDR bracketted in Camera. Taken on Satruday evening, not handheld, but on a rock. Shortest exposure is 1/8th, longest is 6 seconds. All shot in RAW, converted to DNG, combined in CS3, converted to 16bit, saved as TIFF, further edited in Camera RAW, brought back in to CS3 to edit curves and saturation. No Photomatix involved.

C&C welcome. :thumb

2954056036_741131be09_o.jpg

Comments

• jamesljamesl Registered Users Posts: 642 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Great job on this one! Love the soft colors, and the overall composition is very nice. It seems to be tilted slightly to the right, but other than that it is perfect. clap.gif

James
  • xendless xurbiaxendless xurbia Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Forgot to mention that it was taken with the Nikkor 10.5mm fisheye. That could be the reason why it looks a little tilted. I didn't "de-fish" the pic at all. If I hadn't used the fisheye, I would not have got that wide a shot. That bolder you see in the middle of the pic is much much closer than that.

Thanks for you comments! greatly appreciated.
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Its not a bad photo, thats for sure..
    But the horizon def needs some straigtening. Regardless of lens it appears tilted to the right. Also I am not sure that the fisheye was a good choice here as it has pushed alot of interesting detail to the back of the frame. Making it almost impossible to see.
    The one last thing that bothers me is that your horizon line is smack in the middle of the photo.
    Location looks good and you are there at a good time, but I think a different composition could of helped this a bit more.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink