Florence Duomo Split Tone

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited October 21, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Hey everyone, I am slowly going through Scott Kelby's LR2 book for Digital Photographers and I jumped ahead a bit tonight to B&W section and then the Split/Duo tone section.

I just felt like playing around a bit and chose a few photos randomly with different levels of success - then I just copied/pasted the edits I'd made and on one photo - wow! well it was for me!

Hope you enjoy my Florence Split Tone Duomo photo :D
Split tone with PP (obviously ;) )
398547780_QJ9WG-L.jpg

Original - cropped the same but no PP or sharpening etc. I know i could make it look better but it's for comparison I'm showing it :)
398548768_ZFYn7-L.jpg

Cheers, Jase

Comments

• jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    Another one
    OK same subject matter - the Duomo - which is already black and white basically - that's the marble they used on the outside - but I still like it :D

Split tone - same settings as previous:
    398554036_bRBUh-L.jpg

Original - no PP
    398555236_zHqXs-L.jpg

Cheers, Jase
    edited October 20, 2008
    OK heres one - again Florence - but not the B&W Duomo - an old tower building

Split tone:
    398564846_7dfUd-L.jpg

Original - BUT - here I applied the same processing except B&W and split tone - I still think the split tone looks more interesting! I don't know why - maybe I'll think differently in the morning headscratch.gif
    398562475_MSNrV-L.jpg
  • Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2008
    I'm with you! I much prefer your split tones. Very nicely done. thumb.gif

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Okay, now you have me wanting to jump ahead in the book too.

Very nice effect.

ann
    edited October 21, 2008
    Thanks John/Jack and Ann - I'm really really pleased with the way they turned out too clap.gif

The book is really helping me - it's sort of like everything you learn - it looks like black magic until someone shows you really how simple/basic it is to understand and then you're like duuhhrrr why didn't I get that before!? wings.gif