Xtreme Freestyle...This Time With Snowmobiles!!

BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
edited October 23, 2008 in Sports
I was a spectator this time, so i wasnt fully prepared - i didnt even know they were holding this event! I was there to go to a photography show!! This was next door to it! I was ok with that....

C&C welcome as always! Sun was a bit of issue...

I posted larger images this time!!!:thumb

Rest of the images are at http://www.pbase.com/fordguy/ex

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg
...more to come!

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2008
    Fantastic! #3 rocks!
  • bobcoolbobcool Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    +1 on number 3 - awesome shot, and the clouds really add that little something that makes it a better photo, IMO. These guys are crazy!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    eek7.gif wow
    great pics !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Great shots! But those guys are seriously nuts!

ann
  • SwedeSwede Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Very cool. #3 is awesome with the clouds. Did you get any with the snow in them? Not sure how it would work but it might give a perspective on their height?
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Swede wrote:
    Very cool. #3 is awesome with the clouds. Did you get any with the snow in them? Not sure how it would work but it might give a perspective on their height?

Thanks for the comment, Luckily I elbowed my way into the crowd to get this shot because I agree with most, this is the 'shot' for me for the day! They were putting on a show in a parking lot - no snow to be seen for miles! These guys jump from a metal take off ramp to a wood chip covered pile of dirt about 20 ft high! It is REALLY something to see! I tried to get a couple of perspective shots - but didnt like the way turned out due to the flags they had placed around for adverstising - cluttered up the image. They were about 40 ft in the air. THey dont get a high as the motocross freestyle I normally shoot - but just as impressive!
    ...more to come!
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Great shots! But those guys are seriously nuts!

ann

I completely agree! I cant imagine having one of these beasts upside down in the air! Hard enough to ride one properly!!! One of the commentators was a rider who was recovering from a crash... He said he couldnt be to this event last year due to the fact he was in a coma... A COMA!!! eek7.gif

..Guess everyone has their calling in life!!!! rolleyes1.gif
    ...more to come!