Options

Shopping Cart for Digital Downloads

videooppvideoopp Registered Users Posts: 103 Big grins
edited October 22, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I really appreciate all of the design and functionality work that has gone into improving the shopping cart. It looks great, it works great....

However, there is one item that might improve the system for digital downloads. No one is ever going to want to pay for two or more digital downloads of the same image... For digital downloads, why have the default at 0 or the option to add more then 1? Simply show the default cost as 1.

I use smugmug exclusively as a stock photo site and the digital download is the only option visitors see. I think that it may be confusing to some that they have to add an amount of "1" to get their price....

Thanks for all the great work you do!

Frank
Frank Spangler
Business: www.panopro.com
Stock Images: www.worldviewimages.com (Smugmug Site)
Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/videoopp
Blog: www.untotheleast.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    I like the suggestion, I'll check on it.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 22, 2008
    videoopp wrote:
    I really appreciate all of the design and functionality work that has gone into improving the shopping cart. It looks great, it works great....

However, there is one item that might improve the system for digital downloads. No one is ever going to want to pay for two or more digital downloads of the same image... For digital downloads, why have the default at 0 or the option to add more then 1? Simply show the default cost as 1.

I use smugmug exclusively as a stock photo site and the digital download is the only option visitors see. I think that it may be confusing to some that they have to add an amount of "1" to get their price....

Thanks for all the great work you do!

Frank
    I'll assume you're talking about the add to cart interface?

We need some sort of user interaction to know which flavor of digital download the user wants to buy. Incrementing quantity does that. It should not allow you to increase the quantity to more than 1.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    videooppvideoopp Registered Users Posts: 103 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Yes, the add to cart interface.... To minimize confusion, I have my site set up so that the user can only purchase only one thing, the original commercial download. So for my purposes, it would help if the default was set to one. If those who have all six download options activated show this add to cart interface with all six options, then I can see how it would be better to have the default set to zero ....

Perhaps you could have someone go in and change the default setting, just for my site???

Thanks,

Frank
    Frank Spangler
    Business: www.panopro.com
    Stock Images: www.worldviewimages.com (Smugmug Site)
    Stock Video: https://www.pond5.com/artist/videoopp
    Blog: www.untotheleast.com
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited October 22, 2008
    videoopp wrote:
    Yes, the add to cart interface.... To minimize confusion, I have my site set up so that the user can only purchase only one thing, the original commercial download. So for my purposes, it would help if the default was set to one. If those who have all six download options activated show this add to cart interface with all six options, then I can see how it would be better to have the default set to zero ....

Perhaps you could have someone go in and change the default setting, just for my site???

Thanks,

Frank
    Items are added to the shopping cart when quantity is updated, not when the 'checkout' button is clicked. There is no such thing as a 'default setting'. The user indicates they want to add an item to their cart by entering a quantity for that item and it is immediately added.
    Pedal faster