Options

D90 Raw and LR2

GemGemGemGem Registered Users Posts: 355 Major grins
edited October 25, 2008 in Finishing School
Hi!

I am getting my D90 on Thursday!! yea!!!! I have heard that windows does not recognize raw files from the D90.. I have LR2/mac would I have any problems viewing/editing raw images from my D90 in lightroom? if so, what would be the work around.

Thank you!
G:thumb

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    GemGem wrote:
    Hi!

I am getting my D90 on Thursday!! yea!!!! I have heard that windows does not recognize raw files from the D90.. I have LR2/mac would I have any problems viewing/editing raw images from my D90 in lightroom? if so, what would be the work around.

Thank you!
    Gthumb.gif

All you should need to do is make sure that LR has all current updates and it should be ready to go.......unless you physically need to go to Adobe and download and install the raw files manually......I have never had to do this with my LR (1.0-1.4) but only recently installed LR2 and am using an older camera....not a newly released one.
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 22, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    All you should need to do is make sure that LR has all current updates and it should be ready to go.......unless you physically need to go to Adobe and download and install the raw files manually......I have never had to do this with my LR (1.0-1.4) but only recently installed LR2 and am using an older camera....not a newly released one.

Thank you Art Scott!
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2008
    didn't work
    GemGem wrote:
    Thank you Art Scott!

Ok, so I took raw (NEF) pics with my D90, upload them and bam.. LR, bridge nor photoshop can open the files :( says it is corrupted.. HELP!!ne_nau.gif

Thank you for your help suggestions...
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2008
    GemGem wrote:
    Ok, so I took raw (NEF) pics with my D90, upload them and bam.. LR, bridge nor photoshop can open the files :( says it is corrupted.. HELP!!ne_nau.gif

Thank you for your help suggestions...

Could be several reasons for corrupted files directly off the card.....
    1-just a bad card
    2- you accidently tried changing menus or something while camera was writing to card....it is ok to keep shooting until buffer is full but other than that one should actually wait until the files are written to card
    3- You accidently trned off the camera while it was writing to card, or battery went dead while writing and you had to change batteries and resume the writing
    4-removed the card while the camera was turned on
    5-inserted card with camera on and that also will corrupt the files that you record on it....

None of these will cause corrupt files 100% of the time ....but have been the causes I have run into with my files.....

6- forgot to mention the JUST a bad card...card hic upped.......

do a another shoot being very careful on how you do things and see if it happens again......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    edited October 24, 2008
    Lightroom 2.1 Is Ready For Downloading
    My LR2 gave me the notice to update to 2.1....this covers the new nikon nefs for the D700 and D90 and some others as well as some canon files etc etc...

• Options
    edited October 25, 2008
    Art Scott wrote:
    My LR2 gave me the notice to update to 2.1....this covers the new nikon nefs for the D700 and D90 and some others as well as some canon files etc etc...

I upgraded to LR 2.1 and it is working great now!!

Thank you.