Options

Question about prints

agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
edited November 5, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
When I order prints...i.e. 8x10, 11x14, 12x18, etc...I intend to mat them. Most off-the-shelf mats apparently have cutouts ~1/2" smaller (7.5x9.5, 10.5x13.5, etc) than print sizes.

So my question: Are the print images actually 8x10, 11x14, etc. so there will be no problem fitting standard mats?

Probably a dumb question but I am getting ready to place a large order and wanted to be sure. Thanks.
Acadiana Al
Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
Blog: Journey to the Light
"Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    No problem fitting standard mats. Go, go, go :D
  • Options
    edited October 22, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Muchas gracias, amigo. I am in "go go go" :yikes mode for fast approaching show.
    Acadiana Al
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    edited November 5, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, Andy

My thanks to Smugmug. On the evening of Oct 23 (Thursday), I placed a Smugmug order for 24 prints (mixed 8x10, 11x14, 12x18 on Lustre and Metallic paper) with FedEx next day business shipping. Saturday AM, I received an email saying my order had shipped that morning! It was delivered about 1:00 PM Monday in perfect condition! Awesome response and fast handling!

On a sidebar, I had also ordered four duplicate Kodak Pro Endura lustre and metallic prints from Mpix for comparison. I am very happy to report that the Smugmug prints were better looking and more appealing to my untrained eye...only very slightly less saturation than Mpix and the Smugmug Lustre finish seemed to have a finer grain (not sure if Mpix didn't spray their lustre finish). Also, my Smugmug prices were less too!

I am now sold on Smugmug prints, especially if quality and delivery will continue to be excellent.

My only recommendation is that Smugmug incorporate some kind of Control Panel order history for reviewing previous Owner orders...different from Sales orders. I foresee ordering prints for resale, and keeping Smugmug personal order emails for "records" is not very desirable. Just my thoughts...
    Acadiana Al
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2008
    agallia wrote:
    Hi, Andy

My thanks to Smugmug. On the evening of Oct 23 (Thursday), I placed a Smugmug order for 24 prints (mixed 8x10, 11x14, 12x18 on Lustre and Metallic paper) with FedEx next day business shipping. Saturday AM, I received an email saying my order had shipped that morning! It was delivered about 1:00 PM Monday in perfect condition! Awesome response and fast handling!

On a sidebar, I had also ordered four duplicate Kodak Pro Endura lustre and metallic prints from Mpix for comparison. I am very happy to report that the Smugmug prints were better looking and more appealing to my untrained eye...only very slightly less saturation than Mpix and the Smugmug Lustre finish seemed to have a finer grain (not sure if Mpix didn't spray their lustre finish). Also, my Smugmug prices were less too!

I am now sold on Smugmug prints, especially if quality and delivery will continue to be excellent.

My only recommendation is that Smugmug incorporate some kind of Control Panel order history for reviewing previous Owner orders...different from Sales orders. I foresee ordering prints for resale, and keeping Smugmug personal order emails for "records" is not very desirable. Just my thoughts...
    Thanks for the props and for the feature request, it's a good one. For now, do keep those emails as your record thumb.gif