Mother, soon.

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited October 25, 2008 in People
These are from my very first maternity session last Saturday.

400977251_K4CYQ-M.jpg

2-
397147228_yPUnE-M-3.jpg

3-
397149841_VuoX9-M-2.jpg

4-
397151572_QBecR-M-2.jpg

5-
397152727_sK6Dk-M-2.jpg

6-
397139209_sT2L9-M-2.jpg

7- She is a working artist in New Orleans, and we also did a headshot or two for use on her blog/website.

399532885_3Z7PF-S-1.jpg

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    What a beauty! And you really portrayed it well in these photos. Great work, Jeff.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Beautiful! I like #6 best, but they are all nice shots. And great headshot.

Caroline
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    very good work as always. I love the lighting and color.
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008

I agree. Very nice :)

-- Lisa P.
  • XanderturesXandertures Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Your lighting is fantastic as usual. I love the composition of numbers 1 and 3. They are very flattering poses that any woman would be happy with.
    Nikon D750 | Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8 | Nikkor 80-200 f/2.8 | Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G | SB-700 & 2 SB-600's - Powered by SmugMug!
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    1 is still my far and away favorite. So much literal and figurative depth to that one!

I am still liking #4 a lot, too, and appreciate the compositional challenges of a shot like this. After looking at it a bit I wonder if a horizontal crop that includes her hair might be appealing, but I like this version too.

An absolutely gorgeous model, lighting and context. Another home run from Jeff! clap.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    What a beauty! And you really portrayed it well in these photos. Great work, Jeff.

Thanks Heather.

psssst! no misfires from the STE2.
    edited October 23, 2008
    Beautiful! I like #6 best, but they are all nice shots. And great headshot.

Caroline

Thanks Caroline...and welcome to Dgrin!:D
    edited October 23, 2008

Hey Julie.

I appreciste the comment. The colors are what they are. I cheated a bit by bringing some of my own light.
    edited October 23, 2008
    Your lighting is fantastic as usual. I love the composition of numbers 1 and 3. They are very flattering poses that any woman would be happy with.
    Shooting from above...even just slightly above MOST people will often provide flattering results. For lighting, I used a single canon speedlight off camera in all of these for fill. It was modified with a Phoxle CTB gel and a GaryFong lightsphere.
    Thanks for commenting.
    edited October 23, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    1 is still my far and away favorite. So much literal and figurative depth to that one!

I am still liking #4 a lot, too, and appreciate the compositional challenges of a shot like this. After looking at it a bit I wonder if a horizontal crop that includes her hair might be appealing, but I like this version too.

An absolutely gorgeous model, lighting and context. Another home run from Jeff! clap.gif

I agree on #1....I am really pleased with that one. She really has some presence in that shot.

I didn't shoot any horizontals that afternoon...and that is out of the ordinary for me. I am satisfied with the three or so verticles I got of that pose, but agree that a horizontal ...not only would have held all her hair, but also would have shown her belly off a bit more.

Thanks for looking...and commenting....AGAIN.mwink.gif
    edited October 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I agree on #1....I am really pleased with that one. She really has some presence in that shot.

I didn't shoot any horizontals that afternoon...and that is out of the ordinary for me. I am satisfied with the three or so verticles I got of that pose, but agree that a horizontal ...not only would have held all her hair, but also would have shown her belly off a bit more.

Thanks for looking...and commenting....AGAIN.mwink.gif

Ok you can tell me to cease and desist, but as I opened up the thread again, I *just now* noticed the foliage growing out of her right ear. You know I love that shot and I'm not nitpicking, but I can't believe I didn't notice it earlier. Now I can't stop looking at it!
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited October 23, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Ok you can tell me to cease and desist, but as I opened up the thread again, I *just now* noticed the foliage growing out of her right ear. You know I love that shot and I'm not nitpicking, but I can't believe I didn't notice it earlier. Now I can't stop looking at it!

An oversight at the time of capture......but she still has some mighty presence there. I'm leavin it!mwink.gif

...but you are right!.......as usual.:D
    edited October 23, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:

Oh phooey!!!rolleyes1.gif

You made it get to me too!

Is it better now?....now that you got your way, that is?mwink.gif

It's better for me...Thanks Lynne.thumb.gif
    edited October 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Oh phooey!!!rolleyes1.gif

You made it get to me too!

Is it better now?....now that you got your way, that is?mwink.gif

It's better for me...Thanks Lynne.thumb.gif

Looks SOOOO much better...great job on the cloning! eek7.gifthumb
    Canon 5D MkI
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Oh good. I have to heave a sigh of relief. I thought you weren't going to change it and was going to have to avoid the thread due to my ocd tendancies making me want to open the photo up in photoshop.

I didn't notice it at first either, but as soon as Lynne made the discovery.... well lets just say that I am glad its gone.:whew rolleyes1.gif
    edited October 23, 2008
    Oh good. I have to heave a sigh of relief. I thought you weren't going to change it and was going to have to avoid the thread due to my ocd tendancies making me want to open the photo up in photoshop.

I didn't notice it at first either, but as soon as Lynne made the discovery.... well lets just say that I am glad its gone.:whew rolleyes1.gif

You crack my s@%* up, girl!!!!! rolleyes1.gifIf I had Photoshop on my Mac and didn't have to boot up my other computer I would have beat you to it! Laughing.gif!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    She is so pretty. I love 1 and 3 especially, and the b&w headshot is gorgeous too. These look like "classic Jeff"! clap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
    edited October 24, 2008
    Elaine wrote:
    She is so pretty. I love 1 and 3 especially, and the b&w headshot is gorgeous too. These look like "classic Jeff"! clap.gif

Thanks Elaine!

She was all about NOT doing any of what we usually see in maternity portraits, but did say that she really liked my "style" and the overall look of my typical portrait work. So....my attempt at giving her what she liked about my work while avoiding the trends in maternity photography.

We shot these at her parents home. This created some challenges with backgrounds, but I didn't fight that so hard either since I realized somewhere during the shoot that the backgrounds would be important to her even if I found them to be busy or distracting. It was a fun shoot.
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    I LOVE the light on her face in 2.
    Three is my favorite...you really captured her personality in that one and the fact that she is a very happy and proud Mother to be.
    Nice work..I bet she was very happy with these.