Fall Landscapes Outside my Office Door

KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
edited October 26, 2008 in Landscapes
So, my camera was in my car affixed with a 70-200 f/2.8 as I was heading out later to shoot a game of some sort. But looking out the window, I saw stuff that I have never noticed in 5 years sitting out looking at the same vista - so I shot some of it. Had to shoot at 2.8 because the wind was howling, but hence less DOF than one might have preferred at least for the bee shot (of course I didn't even know he was there when I shot it).

(1)
400309226_gtoxA-L.jpg

(2)
400310419_UaqYv-L.jpg

(3)
400310605_DyTLs-L.jpg

Some LR PP involved of course. The purpose of my post is simply that nature is just stunning this time of year (as at most times) and I think that these are nice exemplars of that, but of course C&C is welcome.

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    I like #3--nice colors and I like the composition. It's amazing what we see sometimes when we look from just a little different perspective. Glad you were ready with your camera!
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I like #3--nice colors and I like the composition. It's amazing what we see sometimes when we look from just a little different perspective. Glad you were ready with your camera!
    Moral: Always have your camera! PS - I spent a week in Hill Country this summer and posted hundreds of shots on my site -- interesting time with the drought and all, but it's a beautiful (not to mention LARGE) area. You might like some of my shots - or you may already have taken them yourself!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    I looked at your Hill Country shots--you've got some nice ones. Although some of them look similar to some I've taken--because much of the area looks the same--I have not shot any in Bandera. Looks like I should take my camera next time I'm over there. Much of this area is brown, especially the past couple of years, but there are still some very interesting places to shoot. We've had some especially interesting skies and clouds all summer, which is a nice break from the dry brush and cactus!

I like your study on the Brooklyn Bridge. My favorite is a shot you took of the end of the bridge on the left of the image, with a red brick apt bldg on the right. The fire escapes remind me of soldiers in formation--they are perfectly lined up in your shot. I just found that one fascinating!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    redleash wrote:
    I looked at your Hill Country shots--you've got some nice ones. Although some of them look similar to some I've taken--because much of the area looks the same--I have not shot any in Bandera. Looks like I should take my camera next time I'm over there. Much of this area is brown, especially the past couple of years, but there are still some very interesting places to shoot. We've had some especially interesting skies and clouds all summer, which is a nice break from the dry brush and cactus!

I like your study on the Brooklyn Bridge. My favorite is a shot you took of the end of the bridge on the left of the image, with a red brick apt bldg on the right. The fire escapes remind me of soldiers in formation--they are perfectly lined up in your shot. I just found that one fascinating!

Lauren
    Thanks for looking! The Hill Country might all look pretty much the same to you, but coming from the NY area, it was all new to me! I think I got everything in Bandera that there was to shoot (my hotel clerk in Kerrville even tried to discourage me from going there), but you could at least have some fun trying to shoot a cowboy in a bar without getting your butt kicked . . .mwink.gif That one was definitely my fave from Bandera.

If you're tired of brown, come to the Northeast/Mid-Atlantic next spring or summer - overwhelming (and boring) green everywhere!