Options

18+ one of my first shots

glennpglennp Registered Users Posts: 171 Major grins
edited December 4, 2008 in Go Figure
Thought I'd share one of my first pics of my more artistic side. CC would be much appreciated as I can only get better.

Comments

• Options
    sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    I like how creative you got with covering parts, but I think she looks a little broken. It'd be more comfortable to look at if her legs were angled the other direction. But then you'd loose the effect of her face looking through her leg.

Caroline
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 23, 2008
    Yes, very creative. Lighting and contrast are really well done but I agree that the photo lacks something. A slight change of angle would reveal more of her face, then you could have repositioned her right leg.

Very nice though, I like it!
  • Options
    angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    Really decent photo. Was it yours or her idea to lift that leg: on toe?? Good idea!

Pose. I like the pose as is. It is different, but lends many different ways to view it.

The lighting and contrst are dead-on too!

tom
    tom wise
  • Options
    KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2008
    glennp wrote:
    Thought I'd share one of my first pics of my more artistic side. CC would be much appreciated as I can only get better.
    Cool pose; I couldn't begin to re-create this because I'm ignorant of lighting, but there's a noticeable ring around her high left ankle left over from her sock (presumably) -- which of course is what Photoshop is for.
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2008
    "Really decent photo. Was it yours or her idea to lift that leg: on toe?? Good idea!

Pose. I like the pose as is. It is different, but lends many different ways to view it.

The lighting and contrst are dead-on too!

tom"

Tom,

Thanks for the comments. The lifting of her leg and pointing of the toe was my idea. Got it from someone who said to add it to shots so I did.

glenn

"Cool pose; I couldn't begin to re-create this because I'm ignorant of lighting, but there's a noticeable ring around her high left ankle left over from her sock (presumably) -- which of course is what Photoshop is for".

KED

I never noticed the ring before, I'll have another look at it. I try and not do any PS if I can.

Thanks for the comment.

Sorry about not getting to these sooner but I just got back from Long Beach a couple of hours ago. I didn't log on while out there as internet was .50/minute and I wasn't going to go there.

glenn
  • Options
    loubellloubell Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Pose
    I really enjoy looking at the pose. It provides different angles for different thoughts. I also like the shadows of her feet and legs. I don't think she look broken at all - only mysterious! Great job! Oh and the lighting... PERFECT!
    ~If you're photographing in color you show the color of their clothes - if you use black and white, you will show the color of their soul.~

http://www.myspace.com/loubellsunrise

http://www.freespiritphotography.com/smugmug
  • Options
    edited December 4, 2008
    Loubell,

Thanks for looking and commenting. Much appreciated.

glenn