Autumn at the Japanese Garden, OR

NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
edited October 23, 2008 in Landscapes
Hi Folks:

I had to take a few shots that were more emblematic of the season. So, here are a few from the same day at the Japanese Garden in Portland, OR. Simple shots, no big landscapes, but I hope you let me post them here. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated:

treerock.jpg

stone.jpg

stone2.jpg

flow.jpg

leafrock.jpg

mosstone.jpg

triad.jpg

steps.jpg

The colors have not yet turned completely, so I'm headed back in a week and a half or so to try a few different shots. Thanks for looking and for your thoughts,

Nacho
Exposure Latitude(s).com
"The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho

Comments

• GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited October 23, 2008
    really like #1 & 4. maybe add a bit of contrast or saturation to #1 make colours stand out a bit more.
    going to a japanese garden in cheshire ,uk next week,hope to get some shots like these. if colours have turned enough.
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • BkodgerBkodger Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    I really like #4 with the water. All of them are nice shots though.
    Nikon D610
    70-200 f.28, 24-85
    www.PhotoExpectations.com
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Beautiful set! I really like the first and last as well as the waterfall, but they're all good. Your B&W set was also very good.

I was just there (I mean that literally, I was there 30 minutes ago). Beautiful place, and as you said, the colors haven't peaked yet but should within a week or so. Still worth the trip down here from Seattle, and when you get bored the Hoyt Arboretum is right there too (light was too harsh by the time I was done at the garden but I might hit the Arboretum tomorrow).
  • NachoNacho Registered Users Posts: 212 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Ron, thanks for the kind words. I truly value your insight, and I think your photos are inspirational and superb. Thanks.

Oh yea, the Garden is a beautiful spot. Have to be there at the right time, sometimes it gets a bit too bright. The arboretum is also a wonderful spot, as is Washington Park in general. Such peace and solace in woods and nature (as well as wildness!). Thanks again. I truly appreciate the feedback.

Phil, Fad, thanks also for your thoughts. Phil I hope you get the colors you want! Have fun,

gassho,

Nacho
    Exposure Latitude(s).com
    "The temple bell stops but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers." -- Basho