Smoky Mountain Fall Color

JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited October 27, 2008 in Landscapes
Anything need fixing or wrong here? Let me know what ya'll think. :scratch

It looked just as colorful right out of the D300, but when I opened it in Adobe LR 2 to resize it, LR2 sucked all the color and saturation out. :confused: I tried my best to make it look the same as it did out of the camera on my uncalibrated screen.
Smoky_Mountians_final_small-1.jpg
I've got tons more, but it's going to take time to resize them all to upload and post. :thumb :D
Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
Canon AE-1 Program l FD 28mm 1:2.8 l FD 50mm 1:1.8 l Sunpak Auto 821 Dedicated

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Great
    I think LR2 rendered it with previous conversion or auto corrected it. Look for reset button somewhere in tools. Scroll down tool menu and you will find "reset" this is how it is in LR1 headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Great
    I think LR2 rendered it with previous conversion or auto corrected it. Look for reset button somewhere in tools. Scroll down tool menu and you will find "reset" this is how it is in LR1 headscratch.gif

Thanks, Awais! I'll check it out! thumb.gif
    Nikon D300 l Nikon SB-600 l Nikon MC-30 Remote l Nikon AF-S 24-85mm 1:3.5-4.5G IF-ED l Nikon 50mm f/1.8 AF-D l Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM l Quantaray Pro U-100 backpack by Naneu Pro l Quantaray QSX 9500 Tripod by Sunpak
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Hi John,

I see you were successful in locating areas with glorious color. For my money, there's no place on earth any prettier than the mountains of the Eastern U.S. when they are screaming at the top of their voice, " Look At Me " , while draped in full fall color. I'm anxious to see more from your trip.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JMPJMP Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    JohnC wrote:
    Anything need fixing or wrong here? Let me know what ya'll think. headscratch.gif

I like the Color burst but wouldn't it be as important some detail in the clouds as well?
    Cheers!
    Canon 40D
  • chrisdgchrisdg Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Hi John - on my screen, the reds in particular are quite oversaturated. They jump out like little rash spots. Dial back the reds in LR.

I would also suggest cropping this image into a pseudo-pano to get rid of a lot of the white detail-less clouds at the top.
    -Chris D.
    http://www.facebook.com/cdgImagery (concert photography)
    http://www.cdgimagery.com (concert photography)
    http://chrisdg.smugmug.com (everything else)

• eenusaeenusa Registered Users Posts: 186 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2008
    Great

What Awais said ... I had the same problem when i first installed LR1. It was driving me nuts until I figured out the settings so that the photos would not be auto rendered/corrected at the time of import.
  • JohnCJohnC Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2008
    I tried to do some fixing in LR2. What do you all think of it now?
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2008
    JohnC wrote:
    I tried to do some fixing in LR2. What do you all think of it now?

The reds are now a bit BAM!! But otherwise the color is quite eye-catching! thumb.gif